Parking mode only lasting a minute... settings or a bad HK3?

linden

Reaction score
Country
United States
Recently installed an HK3 for my year old A129 duo. Since installing, no matter which parking mode setting I've tried, it only records for ~1 minute, after entering parking mode, then turns off. I confirm it's in parking mode with the symbol in the corner, then after about a minute the lights all go out, then later when I go back to check the SD card there's nothing from beyond that point. I've tried low bitrate mode, time lapse, and auto event detection, and none of them have gone beyond a couple of minutes. I don't have access to any testing things, but knock on wood I'm quite confident in my battery, as it was replaced not long ago and has never given me any issues with anything else; I drive a ton so it's getting charged a bunch too. I tried every voltage setting on the HK3, no change. I also tried the 90 second delay on parking mode, and while that did add 90 seconds to that minute (as in, 90 seconds in regular mode, plus the 1 minute in parking mode, then turns off), that doesn't help.

Am I doing anything horribly wrong? Any common things to check? Or should I try with another hardwire kit? Thanks

Does the little red light inside the HK3 turn off too, or does that stay on?

What do you have the Parking Duration Timer set to?

Recently installed an HK3 for my year old A129 duo. Since installing, no matter which parking mode setting I've tried, it only records for ~1 minute, after entering parking mode, then turns off. I confirm it's in parking mode with the symbol in the corner, then after about a minute the lights all go out, then later when I go back to check the SD card there's nothing from beyond that point. I've tried low bitrate mode, time lapse, and auto event detection, and none of them have gone beyond a couple of minutes. I don't have access to any testing things, but knock on wood I'm quite confident in my battery, as it was replaced not long ago and has never given me any issues with anything else; I drive a ton so it's getting charged a bunch too. I tried every voltage setting on the HK3, no change. I also tried the 90 second delay on parking mode, and while that did add 90 seconds to that minute (as in, 90 seconds in regular mode, plus the 1 minute in parking mode, then turns off), that doesn't help.

Am I doing anything horribly wrong? Any common things to check? Or should I try with another hardwire kit? Thanks
What is the model of your car? It is better to change the fuse to connect the red cable. It seems that the battery fuse you chose does not supply constant power as expected.

What is the model of your car? It is better to change the fuse to connect the red cable. It seems that the battery fuse you chose does not supply constant power as expected.
Hello,

It is a 2007 Volvo S80. I had it in my Passenger Power Seat fuse, which seemed to be always on because whenever I would test it with my tester it was always on. Also, the passenger power seat always works, even with the car off.

I just went and switched it to the "Remote key sensor, alarm sensors" fuse. Seems to be better, but will have to wait and see really. Hoping it doesn't mess with my key as well. Thanks for the prompt reply!

Back