Parking mode problem

Adamrwood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm using mod firmware PWi and have the camera hardwired.

I've only had the hardwire kit in for about a week and when I got in the car earlier after leaving it parked I had the camera beeping with a message saying all data will be deleted and OK or cancel. Obviously the recording stopped at this point. I am using the 10fps parking mode.

Has anyone else had this problem? I've pressed cancel instead of OK and it's recording OK again now but obviously don't want to lose footage that may be critical.

I Prefer a parking mode that constantly records as I put camera in garage at night and turn it off. Only usually have it parked unattended for a couple of hours a day so would rather have a constant record to skim through than have movement that possibly isn't detected using the motion detection mode.

Did you turn the format warning on in the setup?

No. It's turned off. I've changed to low bitrate parking mode. If I use low bitrate, would that work with the 4wi mod? I remember the same thing happening when I had my powerbank when I tried parking mode on that. I assumed it was just because it didn't work great with the power bank so left it off and just constantly recording.

I'm also having the same trouble with my new A129 Duo. After being installed for about a week, I'll open the truck and discover the dashcam beeping with the message "All data will be deleted". Pressing Cancel resumes recording, but it's done this several times now.

Background info:
A129 Duo
Firmware: V1.9, Build 20190711
3-wire hardwire kit
SanDisk High Endurance 128GB

I've tried formatting the card, format warning is disabled.

Anyone have any suggestions? Should I try the firmware mentioned in this thread? https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/beeping-after-parking-mode.40960/

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_7771.JPG
    IMG_7771.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 28
I'm also having the same trouble with my new A129 Duo. After being installed for about a week, I'll open the truck and discover the dashcam beeping with the message "All data will be deleted". Pressing Cancel resumes recording, but it's done this several times now.

Background info:
A129 Duo
Firmware: V1.9, Build 20190711
3-wire hardwire kit
SanDisk High Endurance 128GB

I've tried formatting the card, format warning is disabled.

Anyone have any suggestions? Should I try the firmware mentioned in this thread? https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/beeping-after-parking-mode.40960/

Thanks!
Yes, try that beta firmware.

OK, so I just updated to the new firmware, V1.9T2, Build: 20191106

I'll report back in a week or 2 and let you know if the issue recurs. Thanks!

OK, still having issues. I'm no longer getting the format warning, but the camera stops recording and beeps continuously in parking mode after the first day or 2. Once you start the car it begins recording normally again. Then beeps continually in parking mode when you turn the car off. The display is on while beeping (screen saver not activating) but it doesn't appear to be recording.

Hello, same trouble here

OK, still having issues. I'm no longer getting the format warning, but the camera stops recording and beeps continuously in parking mode after the first day or 2. Once you start the car it begins recording normally again. Then beeps continually in parking mode when you turn the car off. The display is on while beeping (screen saver not activating) but it doesn't appear to be recording.

Couple questions:

What SD card are you using? I'm using a Sandisk A2 Extreme 256GB without issues. I originally tried a Sandisk Ultra Plus and the camera would freeze randomly. Some SD cards are not compatible with the camera.

Are you sure the vehicle is hardwired properly? Prime example. When I first hardwired my camera, I thought everything was perfect. But then I kept finding my camera randomly turning itself on. Come to find out, the fuse I used was tied into another system. So when I locked my door, it turned on the camera. Switched fuses. Camera works flawlessly for past 5 months... Well think Ive had 1 or 2 minor hiccups but those were anomalies.

Couple questions:

What SD card are you using? I'm using a Sandisk A2 Extreme 256GB without issues. I originally tried a Sandisk Ultra Plus and the camera would freeze randomly. Some SD cards are not compatible with the camera.

Are you sure the vehicle is hardwired properly? Prime example. When I first hardwired my camera, I thought everything was perfect. But then I kept finding my camera randomly turning itself on. Come to find out, the fuse I used was tied into another system. So when I locked my door, it turned on the camera. Switched fuses. Camera works flawlessly for past 5 months... Well think Ive had 1 or 2 minor hiccups but those were anomalies.

Sorry for the slow reply. I am using a SanDisk High Endurance 128 GB card. I have other cards I can consider trying to rule that out. I'm confident in the hardwire setup, all seems good in that regard. Thanks!

Sorry for the slow reply. I am using a SanDisk High Endurance 128 GB card. I have other cards I can consider trying to rule that out. I'm confident in the hardwire setup, all seems good in that regard. Thanks!

Try another micro sd card. See if the problem persists. If the problem resolves, fantastic. If the problem continues, try hardwiring the camera into another fuse. See if that helps. If neither A. nor B. work, try exchanging the camera. You could have a faulty one.

Try another micro sd card. See if the problem persists. If the problem resolves, fantastic. If the problem continues, try hardwiring the camera into another fuse. See if that helps. If neither A. nor B. work, try exchanging the camera. You could have a faulty one.

I bought a new SD card and tried it. It worked for 4 days (the old card typically worked 2-3 days) then started doing the same thing (random beeps, recording light flashing fast). I've also tried using a different fuse for parking mode but that made no difference. Since I've used 3 different firmwares and 2 different cards, I'm guessing my cam is defective. Now to try to get it fixed. Not sure whether to deal with the Amazon seller or with Viofo directly.

I bought a new SD card and tried it. It worked for 4 days (the old card typically worked 2-3 days) then started doing the same thing (random beeps, recording light flashing fast). I've also tried using a different fuse for parking mode but that made no difference. Since I've used 3 different firmwares and 2 different cards, I'm guessing my cam is defective. Now to try to get it fixed. Not sure whether to deal with the Amazon seller or with Viofo directly.
Have you tried V1.5? It doesn't have Buffered Parking Mode, but some users have said their beeping issue has gone away, where they had the issue with the later versions. If it fixes your beeping/missing footage issue, then you'll know it's not the camera. Worth a try.

Have you tried V1.5? It doesn't have Buffered Parking Mode, but some users have said their beeping issue has gone away, where they had the issue with the later versions. If it fixes your beeping/missing footage issue, then you'll know it's not the camera. Worth a try.

Yes, I've tried v1.5 (which was better) but it still didn't resolve the issue.

What brand MicroSD card did you try as the "replacement card"? I use the Sandisk A2 Extreme with zero issues as a general note. If swapping fuses doesn't help and you're sure the 2nd card is compatible (there are a few that aren't like the Sandisk Ultra Plus), then I'd get a replacement camera.

Back