Problem with Parking Mode ?

altug

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Hi,

I bought Viofo A129 Duo 2 weeks ago with 3 wire acc HK3 hardwire kit and since than I am having trouble with parking mode.

A professional guy made all the connections.

Yellow to acc and red to battery.

The problem is my cam never switches to parking mode. First I thought that it was due to some firmware problem so I tried all versions starting from v1.4, 1.5..2.1 and so on. None of them solved my problem.

The cam is working like it has 2 wire kit. It switches to parking mode after 90 seconds with version 1.4 or after 5 minutes with version 1.5 whatsoever. It switches back to driving mode only when it detects motion or speed higher than 8 kmh.

IT SEEMS THE CAM USES ONLY RED WIRE !

When engine is on, I pulled the red cable. It turned off.

When engine was on, I pulled the yellow cable. Nothing happened.

I even tried to reverse the connection. Yellow to battery and red to acc. When I did that, the cam started to turn with Acc on and it turned off with Acc off so I totally lost the parking mode capability.

Now, in summary :

1- It seems that red cable is not defective. It functions properly when I connect it either Acc or Battery.
2- Acc can function with red cable but somehow it doesn't function properly with yellow cable.
3- After all yellow cable is not defective at all because when I reversed the connection (red to acc and yellow to battery) only connecting the red cable to Acc didn't turn on the camera. It turned on only after I connected the yellow to battery.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance.

BlackboxMyCar

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Thinkware, BlackVue, IROAD, Viofo, BlackSys
Can you try the firmware reflash with another microSD card?

Hsolver

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Duo
The cam is working like it has 2 wire kit
Did You plug power cable into GPS pad or VR body (correct method) ?
ACC wire (ignition signal for park mode) passing through the GPS pad may be damaged/excluded.

Last edited: