Parking mode screen stays on.

GrandMaXimuS

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everyone,

Recently got a N4 for Xmas and just got around to installing it. I hardwired it to the drivers seat fuse (would this be a good fuse to use?) My screen comes on at night if it detects motion or a bump. Tested this myself. Is it possible to not have the screen come on when in Parking mode? Also when I go to car and get something, the screen turns on as well. Vehicle is parked on the streets and would love for it to not turn on at all (but still recording though). A lot of curious neighbors in my area.

Hello everyone,

Recently got a N4 for Xmas and just got around to installing it. I hardwired it to the drivers seat fuse (would this be a good fuse to use?) My screen comes on at night if it detects motion or a bump. Tested this myself. Is it possible to not have the screen come on when in Parking mode? Also when I go to car and get something, the screen turns on as well. Vehicle is parked on the streets and would love for it to not turn on at all (but still recording though). A lot of curious neighbors in my area.
I know there is an option to turn off the LCD screen in the menu after a certain amount of time goes by but it is for overall use of the camera in general. I know you are just looking to do it for parking mode only but it’s the best idea I can think of that could work.

Hello, which parking mode you set on your dash cam? the dash cam's screen won't come on if it only detect motion. but if the dash cam detect bump, the dash cam will exit the parking mode and start recording normally with the screen on, when you check the video files, you will find it stored in normal folder.

Back