Parking mode

Cardigan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I installed the ITB and with upc about a week ago and it runs continuously only stopping after the 12 hour time restriction that I selected (note the car is parked facing a wall (nothing moving).

Below are two screen shot from the tools section of the player. I have moved everything to 'insensitive and it makes no difference.

Is there something in the settings that has it set up to run continuously?

Attachments

• V.1.3.4b.PNG
    V.1.3.4b.PNG
    25.4 KB · Views: 438
  • V.1.3.4a.PNG
    V.1.3.4a.PNG
    23.1 KB · Views: 437
Take a look here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1299#p13346

If there are some sudden light variations on that wall, a fly moving around, a shadow from a tree projected on the wall, then there's your motion :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The cam runs continuously until it's timed out (12 hours) even when parked and even after I have set the park settings to off.

See here pics of my settings.

What am I doing wrong?

Attachments

• V.1.3.4b.PNG
    V.1.3.4b.PNG
    28.6 KB · Views: 376
  • V.1.3.4a.PNG
    V.1.3.4a.PNG
    25.1 KB · Views: 376
Cardigan said:
I was kinda hoping for some help in fixing my problem (or are you suggesting the solution is to buy anither one)?

Apple-CT is just spamming.

Anyway, is the program saving the Setup folder and setup.bin file to your sd card? Are you putting that SD card into the device? Sorry if I'm being too basic.

What do you want to do? Turn parking mode off completely?

As above, are you saving the settings to SD card?

I want the parking mode but I want it coming on when something happens, at the moment it stays on, running continuosly no matter what I put the settings on (the settings changes do seem to be saved on the SD card).

I've been mailing Apple and its like walking through treacle! I am not sure if gthey understnad the problem but the last mail they sent me showed a screen clip of their V.1.3.4 viewer and it's different than mine? It's in Korean of course but you can clearly see there are more options on theirs.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• 100HD.jpg
    100HD.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 316
The settings there look the same to me?

I can only imagine the motion sensing is being funny and just recording 24/7. Have you tried turning that off?
I have mine set to parking mode on and shock sensing only. It only records when the car moves, for example me opening and closing the car door etc.

jamesbcd said:
I can only imagine the motion sensing is being funny and just recording 24/7. Have you tried turning that off?

You can see my settings in the 3rd post here as far as I can see I have everything turned off!

But you said you wanted parking mode ON?
Cardigan said:
I want the parking mode but I want it coming on when something happens, at the moment it stays on, running continuosly no matter what I put the settings on

In your 3rd post, you have set it to OFF?

jamesbcd said:
But you said you wanted parking mode ON?
Cardigan said:
I want the parking mode but I want it coming on when something happens, at the moment it stays on, running continuosly no matter what I put the settings on

In your 3rd post, you have set it to OFF?

I want parking mode to be off yet come on when something happens; I thought that was how this function was supposed to run. It didn't go off, it stayed on for 12 hours so I changed the setting to OFF, OFF, OFF to see what happened and . . . . . . same thing, it runs continuously for 12 hours when it's parked facing a wall all night! I've sent half a dozen mails to Apple and their replies are gibberish (I wish they'd get someone who can speak / read Englsh) The last reply did include a screen shot of the Korean PC Player which did show a different set of options.

Surely there is somebody here with the same cam that can tell me whether (a) I am doing something wrong or (b) the cam is deffective.

Cardigan said:
I want parking mode to be off yet come on when something happens; I thought that was how this function was supposed to run. It didn't go off, it stayed on for 12 hours so I changed the setting to OFF, OFF, OFF to see what happened and . . . . . . same thing, it runs continuously for 12 hours when it's parked facing a wall all night! I've sent half a dozen mails to Apple and their replies are gibberish (I wish they'd get someone who can speak / read Englsh) The last reply did include a screen shot of the Korean PC Player which did show a different set of options.

Turn Parking Mode to ON and then set whether you want motion and/or vibration sensitivity.

If you don't turn Parking Mode ON, it will record constantly.

Even in parking mode, the unit is always on... it just won't record to the card unless there's movement or vibration. Cheers!

as above really

parking mode set to off will result in your cam recording constantly
parking mode set to on will only record if motion is detected or by shock

Back