Parking mode

Our sanity has been broken by this "SD Card Low Speed" error, I hear it in my sleep!

I was looking at the Viofo too, got decent reviews?
I won't endorse any specific dashcam because I don't know all the details of anyone else's needs and requirements except my own. But I will say that I sold my A129's and to replace one of them, I bought a Thinkware FA200 dual and have not looked back. It must be hardwired for parking mode (no time lapse on f200, but fa200 does include time lapse mode at 2fps with increased rates in response to activated internal shock sensor). It can be used in single or dual cam config, and it even has built-in low battery power shutoff threshold configurable via the app. The only downside is that it runs on 12V, and therefore cannot be powered from a usb powerbank, but that does not affect me personally. (I still keep an A119 too; I will never trust just one dashcam to capture my forward windshield view.)

Our sanity has been broken by this "SD Card Low Speed" error, I hear it in my sleep!
I have two B1W's in my rear side windows, but never even bothered with parking mode. But they do get powered up automatically for 12 minutes in standard recoding mode if the car alarm or a shock sensor gets triggered. (Or if I press the lock/or unlock button on my remote -- because I want all the dashcams in the car to start recording before I approach it, or whenever I might see from afar something going on near it.)

I have two B1W's in my rear side windows, but never even bothered with parking mode. But they do get powered up automatically for 12 minutes in standard recoding mode if the car alarm or a shock sensor gets triggered. (Or if I press the lock/or unlock button on my remote -- because I want all the dashcams in the car to start recording before I approach it, or whenever I might see from afar something going on near it.)
You have got it dialled in! Is the FA200 capacitor or battery? Living in Australia means hot hot days in the summer so capacitor is a better option.

You have got it dialled in! Is the FA200 capacitor or battery? Living in Australia means hot hot days in the summer so capacitor is a better option.
The FA200 uses capacitor. There are better (more expensive) Thinkware models, but I found this one sufficient for my needs. I love the B1W's though as they're well suited to certain purpose. And I still have one brand new and sealed in the box to be prepared for an inevitable failure. (Then I will have to re-evaluate.)

How do you get your B1Ws to auto record in standard mode if the motion sensor is triggered?

How do you get your B1Ws to auto record in standard mode if the motion sensor is triggered?
A bunch of diodes and a time delay off relay. All my dashcams are wired through the time delay relay, which is on with ignition, or on with time delay off with trigger from monitored circuit. An added benefit is that all the dashcams stay on for 12 minutes after I turn off the car too. There is also a button on my dashboard for when a police officer asks me to turn off the car in order to keep the cameras rolling. For the three-wire parking mode enabled cameras, constant 12v wire to battery, and ignition 12v wired through the time delay relay. As long as the ignition is on, the 12 minute timer does not begin counting down so the dashcams stay on.

Oh, and I use a separate shock sensor originally designed for a car alarm.

Last edited:
I have just installed a B1W in my son's car with a hardwire kit. Looking at the Blueskysea website I found a firmware version B1W V20200707, I have installed it but I cannot see what features it includes. Does anyone know what this version has in it?

Thanks

I have just installed a B1W in my son's car with a hardwire kit. Looking at the Blueskysea website I found a firmware version B1W V20200707, I have installed it but I cannot see what features it includes. Does anyone know what this version has in it?

Thanks
I'm so confused with all the different versions. Wish they had a better structure that's easier to follow and know what updates are in each :(

In the off version of wifi in parking mode software, the date resets when it opens and closes. However, there is no such problem in wifi on mode. I wonder if the device can be adjusted to keep itself off for 10 seconds in instant energy changes to prevent this date reset. Perhaps such a change could prevent the date from being reset.

Back