Parking Mode

Laddie

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Rear View Mirror Dash Cam at the front & 412GW at the back.
I have a 412GW as a rear facing cam and a Mirror cam at the front. Parking mode on the Mirror cam works as expected, but on the 412GW it's so sensitive that it’s useless. Having it turned on simply produces loads of videos of my neighbour’s house across the road and a flat battery. I took the camera out of the car to charge it from my computer. While it was sat on my desk with me watch it, it was constantly turning itself on and recording. It would then turn itself of and after a few seconds turn itself back on again and record another clip. So, I’ve turned that feature off completely now. Everything else works OK, just a bit of shame that parking mode won’t properly like it does on the Mirror cam.

Nextbase don't seem to think it is a problem despite the number of complaints about just this 'feature'.

Last edited:
@Laddie
What version of firmware is on the Dash Cam?

In order to check what version of firmware you're using;
please stop the camera recording then press menu twice,
scroll down to "system info" or "version" then press OK,
a black screen should pop up with a long text with R.. at the end.
Please tell me what numbers are after the R.

@M8TJT not sure where you've got this from, we've been exchanging ones that are over sensitive.

Hi Support,

Firmware version is R16.2.

Brill - that's the latest.

How many did you get throughout an evening?

I couldn't honestly tell you. Because the battery is always flat, it has only been working when I have been driving, so all of the' Parking Mode' videos have been overwritten by 'Driving' ones and I'm afraid I didn't take note of the details.

Ok - in the rear its far stiffer than in the front so please turn the G-Sensor down to low or off if using as a rear facing cam.

If its protecting lots whilst driving that will be solved by the above.

To establish how many its protecting throughout the night, please charge fully, on the USB cable inside the house for 2 hours then pop into the car as normal.

Let us know how many get protected over night, you can email a screen shot to support@nextbase.co.uk so we can take a look.

Will do.

No problem with it protecting lots while driving, that all works fine..

OK. So, I put it back in the car around 8.30 last night. Between 2.26 and 2.55 it recorded 11 video clips. 10 in the Video folder and 1 in the Protected folder. However, all of the videos have the protected message in the top right hand corner. They are all 3 minutes long and with time stamps 3 minutes apart, so they are back to back. All of them show no activity at all except for one that shows a car driving by. This morning I got a battery low warning when I went to take it out. I've sent screen shots to support@nextbase.co.uk as suggested.

Just to let you know that this conversation carried on with Support by email and they eventually said "Take it back to Halfords and exchange it under warranty." Not had time to do that yet, but I'll report back here when I do.

Back