Password

Phileas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, newbie here.... my wife and I have a mivue j85 each.... been using them for a year no problems, now suddenly its asking for the password?
We didn’t have to register one when we fitted the cams last Christmas.
Has anyone got an answer to this pls?
There’s nothing on the web that I can find in relation to this.
If we wanted to download anything now, we cannot without entering a password which we never had.
Thank you in anticipation phil Chapman (phileas)

Welcome to DCT @Phileas :)
It may not be the right answer with this cam, but most dashcams default to simple passwords, usually 12345678 or 012345678 or something similar with less or more characters. You can try that if you can't find a more solid answer. Also if vthe password has been changed from default, you can usually do a hard reset of the cam to return it to the default password; again it works with most dashcams maybe not all of them.

Phil

Big thank u Sawmaster. That worked!
Can’t think why I didn’t try it myself!
But I was man enough not to take the credit for it!
Cheers mate phil (phileas)

Just returning favors I've gotten myself from the many good folks on these forums who have helped me along the way ;) Glad "the easy fix" worked!

Phil

Hello!
Have the same problem - forget my WiFI password on MIO J85. Tried to reset it with firmware update from SD card (different firmwares). It's seems like device is reset to defalt, because it turned on front light warning (which was turned off before), but I can't connet to device WiFI. Tried default 0123456789, 1234567890, 012345678. Can it be another default password?

Thanks!

Hello! I have the same problem, I forget my password and now I can't connect to the device! How to reset the device to default settings of reset wifi to default password?

Back