Pelsee P12 Pro Max, does it have Starvis?

Tacoz

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello, i have narrowed my purchase down to 3 products and leaning heavily towards this Pelsee however i cant find any information anywhere on which image sensors it has. I asked bing AI and it told me the front camera had Starvis 2, but the Pelsee websaite doesnt mention that and i would think they would advertise it having that sensor. Does anyone know about this product? How does it compare to the Wolfbox G900 and the Nexigo D90 Gen 2? Those are the other 2 im considering.

If you can't find any reference stating it's equipped with any sort of Stony Starvis 2 sensor I'm pretty sure it's a given it ain't...

I purchased the Pelsee P12 Pro 4K Mirror dash cam in late 2022 only to find out their description wrongly stated the actual frame rates, ended up returning. Purchased the Wolfbox G900 shortly after that only to find out same thing, frame rates weren't as stated. Contacted Wolfbox directly and they apologised for the confusion changing the listing description, but that was short lived as it was back to the original description within a few weeks. Contacted Wolfbox again about 1.5 months ago because I kept seeing "upgraded" in their more recent descriptions of the G900 yet they assured me there's been no upgrades/changes to the G900 whatsoever since purchasing mine in late 2022? I'm still enjoying the G900 even though video resolutions aren't the best but for my needs "the best" isn't a necessity, and gotta say to-date it has been super reliable so complaints whatsoever there...

The other day I sprung for the 70mai S500 Rear View Mirrior dash cam which DOES come equipped with the new Sony Starvis 2 IMX675 image sensor in front. A bit disappointed it incorporates a Micro USB port for charging rather than a Type-C, and no GPS option, is capacitor equipped though. But I like the form factor, usually run multiple dash cams anyways w/most having GPS, and the price was right. So yeah don't think we'll be too disappointed.

Last edited:
Yeah most companies with RVM dashcams lie about their specs. The Nexigo D90 is a real 4K Starvis model though. They have a new version in the works with a Starvis 2 sensor too.

I need another dash cam like we need another hole in the head (LOL), but if the price is right find it hard to say no. So I will be keeping my eye out for the new Nexigo release thanks for the heads up!

Yeah most companies with RVM dashcams lie about their specs. The Nexigo D90 is a real 4K Starvis model though. They have a new version in the works with a Starvis 2 sensor too.
Hi,
Any chance to know the release date?
Thank you

Back