Pics that make you smile

...And there are still people that denies weather change.

yep, show of hands please, all those that don't believe in climate change please raise your hand above water :D
Climate change has been ongoing since the earth was formed. Mankind may be having an effect but it will happen with or without us.

Climate change has been ongoing since the earth was formed. Mankind may be having an effect but it will happen with or without us.

the climate is ever changing, we'd be foolish to ignore our negative contribution from pollution though, we can't be pollutant free but I feel we should try to do more to not pollute where we live

the climate is ever changing, we'd be foolish to ignore our negative contribution from pollution though, we can't be pollutant free but I feel we should try to do more to not pollute where we live
You will get no argument from me about that. The point I was trying to make is that mankind is not totally responsible for climate change as some politicians (and special interest groups) would have us believe.

You will get no argument from me about that. The point I was trying to make is that mankind is not totally responsible for climate change as some politicians (and special interest groups) would have us believe.

totally, of course not, the worst contributor though, don't think there'd be too much pollution if just the animals lived here, we've certainly left our mark, get to a city like Beijing and see what pollution due to population density is like, scary stuff

Point well made.

totally, of course not, the worst contributor though, don't think there'd be too much pollution if just the animals lived here, we've certainly left our mark, get to a city like Beijing and see what pollution due to population density is like, scary stuff
Again, no argument. However there have been massive cyclical global climate changes for thousands of years before mankind's ability to pollute, and for that matter even before mankind. Without a doubt pollution will have an effect, possibly/probably a significant one.

I read an article not too long ago (that I just searched for but could not locate) that postulated that a global ice age could occur in as little as 50 years from now if there were as little as a 10% greater snow fall in a given winter season in the northern hemisphere combined with just a slightly later spring thaw so the snow cover on the ground persisted for a bit longer. This despite current pollution rates.

Don't misinterpret what I'm saying as my being an advocate for pollution (or anti pollution control if that makes more sense), nothing could be further from the truth (I recycle more than anyone I know among other things). It's just that I really get frustrated with those who claim that controlling pollution will solve all climate change concerns - when history has (repeatedly) shown nothing could be further from the truth.

It's just that I really get frustrated with those who claim that controlling pollution will solve all climate change concerns - when history has (repeatedly) shown nothing could be further from the truth.

don't think we can ever control it, perhaps just delay things, I think we'll be long gone but I still have a sense of responsibility to live cleaner where possible even if we won't be around to see the outcome

don't think we can ever control it, perhaps just delay things, I think we'll be long gone but I still have a sense of responsibility to live cleaner where possible even if we won't be around to see the outcome
Agree - 100%

One word, Siberian traps.

Now that was pollution on a massive scale, and before what became man crawled onto land.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siberian_Traps

Anyway as the consensus seem to be ( here at least ) i dont have any children so i can polute as i blody well want, in the worst case i might have to pay a little to be able to do that, but its a small price to pay.

Some times ( okay most of the time ) i feel like its escaped inmates from a insane assylum that run things here :rolleyes:

^^ lucky for me snakes don't get that big in Michigan. Small snakes won't last long in a running engine compartment.

I think i heard there is a growing population of constrictors in the everglades / down south in the US.

Un B fawking liveable ppl cant even offload ther old pet in a proper way :rolleyes:

A friend of mine in the old days had a snake that was fatter than that one, length look to have been about the same.
It liked to smoke weed with us, it reared up in front of you and wanted you to exhale the tobacco into its face :D and it freaked the girls out so we boys got a little alone time :)

PS. that snake died from burns it got wrapping itself around a heat lamp :rolleyes: say a little about how smart they must be.

^^ lucky for me snakes don't get that big in Michigan. Small snakes won't last long in a running engine compartment.
Yep, but we have one that's venomous so be careful - http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-10370_12145_12201-32995--,00.html

Nearly got bit by one years ago but fortunately I was wearing high top walking boots and that's what he hit. Fangs did penetrate the leather but not my skin. The venom itself caused a bit of skin irritation but that was all.

20160b5f7b10-3277-4548-ac6b-66252412abd8.jpg

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DashcamDPR Off Topic 4
DrekiTech Off Topic 2
Back