Pics that make you smile

Frère Jacques, frère Jacques,
Dormez-vous? Dormez-vous?
Sonnez les matines! Sonnez les matines!
Ding, dang,

Are you sleeping? Are you sleeping?
Brother John, Brother John,
Morning bells are ringing! Morning bells are ringing!
Ding, dang,

post2.jpg

(he wasn't playing pokemon-go, obviously ;)

looks like they went for the cheapest supplier

Yeah and this is not taped in the middle east. :D

Just read in the news, last night a guy in Norway hit a flok of caribou on the motorway, in total 19 was killed and so was his car, the guy himself got off pretty easy.
https://translate.google.dk/translate?sl=da&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=da&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www.bt.dk/udland/blodbad-paa-norsk-motorvej-19-rensdyr-koert-ihjel&edit-text=

Years ago I was driving back to NY from Pittsburgh PA and on a downhill section of the interstate (I-80 I think) between mountains there was hamburger meat all along the road for about half a mile. It's my guess that a convoy of tractor trailers hit a heard of deer as that part of the country has a lot of both.

Horrific...

Brian

Years ago I was driving back to NY from Pittsburgh PA and on a downhill section of the interstate (I-80 I think) between mountains there was hamburger meat all along the road for about half a mile. It's my guess that a convoy of tractor trailers hit a heard of deer as that part of the country has a lot of both.

Horrific...

Brian

The section across I-80 from the NY state line to I-81, across the Poconos, is probably the section you were on. Sometimes there is a deer every few feet. Not seen it that bad in a while, but 15-20 years ago, it was pretty terrifying at night.

33 years ago I took the back way from Denver to Salt Lake City in a car, in late april.
Every time you came to a slight curve, there was literally a pile of deer/elk carcasses, or bones. I mean it was almost like a horror movie. I guess some of them were under snow until recently.

The section across I-80 from the NY state line to I-81, across the Poconos, is probably the section you were on. Sometimes there is a deer every few feet. Not seen it that bad in a while, but 15-20 years ago, it was pretty terrifying at night.

33 years ago I took the back way from Denver to Salt Lake City in a car, in late april.
Every time you came to a slight curve, there was literally a pile of deer/elk carcasses, or bones. I mean it was almost like a horror movie. I guess some of them were under snow until recently.

The time frame for my encounter with gore was about 1991 or about 25 years ago. Too long to remember the exact location but if it was on I-80 as I suspect it would have had to be west of 81 as I would have taken 81 to head back home near Poughkeepsie NY. PA has a lot of deer and I-80 has a lot of trucks -- a recipe for raw venison.

I now live very near SLC and have driven in and through CO quite a bit but haven't seen all that much wildlife outside of RMNP.

Brian

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DashcamDPR Off Topic 4
DrekiTech Off Topic 2
Back