Pics that make you smile

In the USA the (555) 555- xxxx does not exist. Neither the 555 area code or 555 local number are used anywhere but in the moves and tv.

i wonder what would happen if the robocallers tried calling a number that started with 911.... maybe then we could get something done about these phone spammers.

I've heard of credit cards where you can choose whatever background you want... Well...

a3M4oPBA_700w_0.jpg

And that guy will trow money at anything, even buying the worlds last can of anchovies at a ridiculous price.

Probably better than putting gas in it, that tank is designed to hold a liquid!

"gas: a substance or matter in a state in which it will expand freely to fill the whole of a container, having no fixed shape (unlike a solid) and no fixed volume (unlike a liquid)."

Hehe not much boost time in that little bottle.

Hehe indeed.
Schools today have also changed a lot it seem, and its not to something that would have made it less of a nightmare for me.

I often feel like the last of the Mohicans in today's world.

Hehe, I still remember when we bought a new state of the art TV... with push buttons for changing channels instead of having to turn a knob to tune it in every time. Pure luxury. Still had to adjust the vertical hold every so often though.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

and adjusting tracking when watching video tapes... and adjusting squelch on the 2-way radio... and letting gravity drain the oil pan... (what, you haven't heard of needing to use the car's own oil pump to do an oil change?)

the main thing missing from the TV pic is the part where YOU were the remote control for dad.

Probably better than putting gas in it, that tank is designed to hold a liquid!

"gas: a substance or matter in a state in which it will expand freely to fill the whole of a container, having no fixed shape (unlike a solid) and no fixed volume (unlike a liquid)."

if you believe this article, "gas" and "petrol" are both wrong.
https://www.quora.com/Common-Miscon...even-when-it-is-in-liquid-form-in-automobiles

my take is they're both shortenings of proper names. gas is obviously short for gasoline, and i guess petrol is short for distilled petroleum or petroleum byproduct (since gasoline is apparently left over when making diesel and kerosene)

and no matter what, there will always be some gas in your tank. it'll be mostly nitrogen, some oxygen, and a few others as well. :p

british terms like hood and bonnet at least kinda make sense to me - a hood is part of a coat that works to cover your head and can easily be removed (aka convertible top), but the same can be said of a bonnet... i guess it covers the engine's cylinder head? the boot though? wagons often had large wooden trunks mounted at the rear for storage, so the US term "trunk" seems more logical to me. you probably kept your boots on while riding in a wagon/carriage, so that term doesn't make sense to me. at least "glovebox" makes some sense...

Last edited:
Back