Pics that make you smile

I know and on a level playing field it is also fine, but most times when i have used a wheelbarrow it have been pretty off road, also my height probably dont make it better.
It seem new wheelbarrows maybe cheap one it is placed too low, cuz for me it just work as a rather poor planned for handbrake.

At my friends place we have "modified" it on a wheelbarrow, much better and we have no problems emptying it.

I know and on a level playing field it is also fine, but most times when i have used a wheelbarrow it have been pretty off road, also my height probably dont make it better.
It seem new wheelbarrows maybe cheap one it is placed too low, cuz for me it just work as a rather poor planned for handbrake.

At my friends place we have "modified" it on a wheelbarrow, much better and we have no problems emptying it.
I think it is so that when you tip it vertical, the wheel does not shoot backwards and run you over!

It probably have something to do with some obscure old salvage law.
Over here the crown use to get their cut back then that was the kingpin here, funny enough politicians today will not take a cut.
That sign says "Sunderland Council" on it, the locals were probably using chainsaws to cut up the beach itself and take it away on an industrial scale:

This is a slightly different situation, no need for the chainsaw here, but still a good living to be made:

During WW2 here in Denmark we used what we call Brown coal, not as good as proper coal which are not to be found here.

iu

Old time mining in central Jutland, or as i think removing sand to get to the brown coal.

iu

I think the same sub standard coal are still in use in eastern EU countries like Poland ASO.

I think the same sub standard coal are still in use in eastern EU countries like Poland ASO.
Is Germany an "eastern EU" country?

With its last black coal mines closed, Germany is the biggest producer of brown coal in the world

I know " Herr Faffelkugel und freunde" :) Have made some big holes in the ground down there, and have some momentous machines on display that made that happen, but not paid any attention to what power source they was after then and now.

Last edited:
I know in the US there are a pit,,,, where they mined ???? something, anyway it filled with water, and that in turn turned to acid, so they have people there shooting all the time to scare off birds.

Personally i dont understand why they dont just put the same plastic balls on it that they use on reservoirs to hinder evaporation,,,,, i assume this layer of balls would also discourage birds from landing there.

Personally i dont understand why they dont just put the same plastic balls on it that they use on reservoirs to hinder evaporation,,,,, i assume this layer of balls would also discourage birds from landing there.

Maybe the plastic balls would eventually dissolve in the acidic water?

Make use of it with floating solar panels and use the battery acid for storage.

Always put a smile on my face, relaxing a little behind the rifle.
Only 1 thought in the head " make the hit "

Bellltower.jpg

Here i am on Sunday shooting 100 M, or 98.7 M to be range finder accurate, the change in shooting position was a welcome change VS being at the bench / pick nick table.
Still no problem hitting within the size of a tennis ball, even if it is just about as small a caliber as you can get ( .177 ) And the rifle not really set up for the ammo i was shooting ( 13 - 15 and 16 grain slugs )

A 5 shot group shot at 90 M on Friday. ( shooting my FX Maverick rifle )
The hole on the Left are the random hole i shot to have something to aim at.
The holes on the right are made by 4 shots, the 5 one whent thru the hole not tuching any metal, but i did hear it tear into the grass behind the old metal roofing plate.

5group.jpg

Last edited:
It seem like the Crazy Paddle Dane thrown down the gauntlet again.
Just finished what is known as "The Great Danish Paddle" which is just a nice 900 mile / 1400 km paddle around Denmark.
Which mean that since April 2 he have been on the board paddling for 8 - 10 hours every day, until today.

854e06fc-0ca0-47f8-b089-2a3b88ffe972.jpg

95d17aff-bf32-4b0a-8025-d39fc492ed7b.jpg

You gotta respect things like that.

You have cliffs in Denmark?

Yes those are the white cliffs of Do,,,,,, Møn

If you ware interested in the cretaceous period, you can find many interesting things down there, over 70 million years old.

There are actually a lot of chalk in the Danish underground, Djursland which is the east facing "nose" on the Jutland peninsula are more or less all chalk.

iu

Last edited:
It is preferred when "people" are able to entertain them self.
Still i am glad i dont have a neighbor like that, even if a household with a piano is the kind i would prefer.

When i was a kid the guy on the 2 floor to the left was a trumpet player, and he practiced at home, but it was not really a inconvenience, + i also think he used the "muffler" on his brass to at least take off the edge.

There need to be a 1 pack, with just " her birthday"

I did not know:

A Dane was the creator of the Top Gun / United States Navy Fighter Weapons School.

Okay close to be a Dane, he is actually a #1 generation American buy the very Danish Name Dan Pedersen ( call sign Yank )

Got tired of getting his ass kicked my Migs in Vietnam, so he went home, threw out the rule book and the rest is history.

Old guy still have opinions, think F35 if overpriced high tech "garbage" in too few numbers, give me 100 working fighters and i will take on anyone he say.

The guy is also married in Copenhagen, and every Christmas he eat Danish Medisterpølse, which in its most basic form look like this, the medistersausage - potatoes - brown gravy and red cabbage

iu

The 89 year old guy is also still alive and live in San Diego,,,, of course.

Knowing now,,,,, make me smile.

Last edited:
He spoke too early.

8d33e1f18842c0f7f296beb5e3e2d39713e9cffe.jpg

Pretty sure the Egyptians invented bowling.
31bc4daa3b08066995bd7eba55a1ee8073a8b189.jpg

50% of taking a good photo is timing.
8877860ba089ce4c0971728511de68bd1369c5ec.jpg

8f0d70cd36c1f2399e795d168d5631d85b9938f8.jpg

Science, there is no way around it
b47bc6b70f21c7e53c5d4b900712f786a9500f58.jpg

Chance are this dogs name are Blue.
69d68b7a27174320192a27d5b6c320a4af14650f.jpg

At your command.
8bc804dce2706c3d8985dcec8c945cb1ab9a65c3.jpg

Back