Pics that make you smile

i respect cyclists allright, but when they start to wear spandex outfits just like ther TDF heroes it get to be a little too much.
Not least when its a fat old git like me, you dont put on spandex when you are 30 kilos or more overweight :rolleyes:

Last edited:
@kamkar1

in my region (touristic), we have a saying:
"how to distinguish a german cyclist-tourist from a dutch cyclist-tourist?

...the german wears spandex, has sattlebags on his bike, is breathing like a steam-engine while cycling with less than 5km/h; while the dutch cyclist overtakes a car with more than 50km/h in street-ware and no strain"

btw - i'm cyclist myself, often taking my bike for a tour (i'm wearing normal clothing) - the only reason why I am always breathing like a steamengine is: i'm laughing to hard seeing tourists on bycicles - those spandex-ones... ;-)

i read some where only 90 % of women that wear yoga pants actually dont do yoga, but for the most in ther case its okay with me :p

If i am ever going on a bicycle again, i will have to find a way to have my inhaler on the handlebar and a pure oxygen tank on the back.

I would love to post a pic now, but some one would proberly slap me over the wrist again and say NO-NO you dirty old man ;)

And i dont have a dirty mind, i have a sexy imagination :D

Reactions: Mtz
Good thing for you to not post a picture...

Don't know about the others, but I for sure don't want to see you wearing spandex-clothing - no matter what you actually look like (what you do at your home of course is up to you) ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mamil or MAMIL (an acronym standing for "middle-aged man in lycra".) is a middle aged man who rides an expensive racing bicycle for leisure, wearing professional style body-hugging bicycle jerseys and bicycle shorts.
Far too many of these jokers on our roads.

... I don't know what should concern me more:
that there is an acronym for THAT, or
...that you know what that stands for, Mark... ;-)

I happen to live in an area that is home to many hard core professional and semi-professional bicyclists, many of whom are associated with a semi-famous local team. It is also a scenically beautiful mountainous area that is very popular for training, so the roads are always crawling with spandex clad cyclists and weekend warrior tourists out on their expensive bikes. I'm sometimes surprised that more of them don't mowed down by angry drivers as they are often out in large groups impeding the normal safe flow of cars. The weirdest thing about the whole thing are the guys who shave their legs and arms to reduce wind resistance.

O hell no :eek: i have doubled in weight lately compared to the weight i had for most of my life.
For the most of my life i have looked like a skeleton in a skin bag, now i look like a skeleton and a lot of lard in a skin bag.
And sadly i am allso in a place where physical exercise is also out of the question, i wish i was able to go to the gym and lift weights again, but #1 i cant afford to join a gym - #2 mentally i would not be able to cope with all the ppl there - #3 my body cant do what it use to be able to do, not even if i scaled back to when i as 65 kilos and was able to deadlift 150 kilos several times.
Today its a problem putting on socks, and i allmost need my inhaler for taking a shower and put on clothe.

main benefit for shaving is if you come off the clean up, gravel rash, stitches etc is a lot easier

When asked, a fanatic bike racer I knew told me it was for reduced resistance to air flow. Whether that is true or not I wouldn't know.

Last edited:
When asked, a fanatic bike racer I knew told me it was for reduced resistance to air flow. Whether that its true or not I wouldn't know.

the quote I've seen from a scientific study was that being shaved could knock 0.6sec off a 40km time trial, I'd suspect a very small minority would be able to take advantage of that but no doubt some would want that advantage however small, it's meant to be better for post race massage as well

the quote I've seen from a scientific study was that being shaved could knock 0.6sec off a 40km time trial, I'd suspect a very small minority would be able to take advantage of that but no doubt some would want that advantage however small, it's meant to be better for post race massage as well

Maybe it provides a psychological boost whether it does much of anything or not? That can be a big plus in competitive sports.

Maybe it provides a psychological boost whether it does much of anything or not? That can be a big plus in competitive sports.

I'm sure there's that as well, one Tour De France winner was quoted as saying he didn't know if it made him more aerodynamic but if he looked down and saw hair on his legs he felt slower, I guess they're at a pretty intense level though so mind games can play a part

These guys claim that wind tunnel testing shows that shaving your legs saves on "average" 70 seconds over 42 kilometers! They claim that previous studies are from decades ago and are outmoded.

http://www.geek.com/science/study-reveals-leg-shaving-is-essential-for-pro-cyclists-1603929/

Whatever the reason, i will not be doing any manscabing :D

I allreaady slide thru the air like a lift of taxes for the rich sail thru any legislative branch :D

I know people in the U.S. will appreciate this - not sure about the rest of the world.

Politics.jpg

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DashcamDPR Off Topic 4
DrekiTech Off Topic 2
Back