Pipeline blast recorded by DC

extraoneya

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
2 Finevu Pros for front & rear
Just read a Wall Street Journal article about a propane line explosion that has killed many people. Their video had a short segment from someone's Dash Cam that was parked at a light when the street exploded in front of them. I've posted screen shots of that vid.
NOTE...no victims r shown in this clip.

As is usual behavior for some people when faced w/ an emergency.......instead of turning around & gett'n the H__L outta there, the motorcyclist continues OVER the damaged street & the bicyclist merrily pedals along side of it. :eek::eek::eek:

Clipboard00.jpg

Clipboard01.jpg

Can not play will Google it to get playing going, must look like the serwe that blew up cuz of gasoline in it ( South America Brazil i think)

Can not play will Google it to get playing going, must look like the serwe that blew up cuz of gasoline in it ( South America Brazil i think)
those r only screen caps kamkar, I didn't want to post the vid off the WSJ....figured that they had all sorts of lawyers who have to justify their salary by putting the squeeze on poor little ol' me.......parklawn's post is their page on the subject.

I found what i needed :) those streets are ripped up pretty good.

Here's a link to some other videos (2 are dashcams)

that looks like a war zone...the last DC segment looks like they had a bunch of cement thrown onto the car.

When I lived in a small town in the mountains, each home had a individual Propane tank. I never felt comfortable w/ it. I couldn't imagine living in a city which had active propane pipes running beneath it....scary.

that looks like a war zone...the last DC segment looks like they had a bunch of cement thrown onto the car.

When I lived in a small town in the mountains, each home had a individual Propane tank. I never felt comfortable w/ it. I couldn't imagine living in a city which had active propane pipes running beneath it....scary.
iirc it was natural gas, not propane, unless they're both the same thing

iirc it was natural gas, not propane, unless they're both the same thing
Not same thing but Propane could come from Natural Gas processing.
Propane usually comes from petroleum refining but some also come from Natural gas processing.
Propane is refined so has higher energy value (2500BTU) compared too NG's (1000 BTU) per cubic ft.

Dident know you US Guys allso used the BTU unit. :eek: live and learn i guess :D

Back