Pittasoft BlackVue DR500GW-HD English Firmware

haven't really had to think about this until now.
so lets get this straight, the asswipes who waranted my ENGLISH dr500GW replaced it with a fricken KOREAN version. Im getting up them about it as well. but if they do nuthin, this is the way it goes??

Running latest korean firmware i think.

To do this, you need to change with firmware

1. Copy the firmware to the English flashcards
2. In "version.bin" correct "English" to "Korea"
3. Turn on the DVR, it will start the firmware, then says that the versions differ
3.1 Turn your DVR off
4. In "version.bin" change "Korea" to "English".
5. Turn on the DVR, after the update you will have the English firmware

QUESTION, 1. what the hell is english flashcards?? and what firmware do we copy to them??? Do we just run the standard english firmware 1.005E setup program to copy all the english files to the SD card? is that what it means? then continue to step 2??

ensure i get version correct here, i can do this with 1.005E firmware and no brick it?

wozzzzza said:
haven't really had to think about this until now.
so lets get this straight, the asswipes who waranted my ENGLISH dr500GW replaced it with a fricken KOREAN version. Im getting up them about it as well. but if they do nuthin, this is the way it goes??

Running latest korean firmware i think.

To do this, you need to change with firmware

1. Copy the firmware to the English flashcards
2. In "version.bin" correct "English" to "Korea"
3. Turn on the DVR, it will start the firmware, then says that the versions differ
3.1 Turn your DVR off
4. In "version.bin" change "Korea" to "English".
5. Turn on the DVR, after the update you will have the English firmware

QUESTION, 1. what the hell is english flashcards?? and what firmware do we copy to them??? Do we just run the standard english firmware 1.005E setup program to copy all the english files to the SD card? is that what it means? then continue to step 2??

ensure i get version correct here, i can do this with 1.005E firmware and no brick it?

DO this go here and download the firmware http://www.soltechsecurity.com/P/D/186/ ... t-in-Wi-Fi

Format an SD card in Fat32 format

Click on the downloaded program and install it onto the card

Put it in the camera and wait for a couple of minutes It will say version information is different.

Turn camera off and take card out and put it in computer

Go to the config folder and in the "version.bin" file change the Word ENGLISH to KOREA NOT Korean

Put it back in the camera Let it finish

Take it out and alter the KOREA back to ENGLISH

Put it in the camera Magic

Last edited by a moderator:
next question, theres 2 lots of language settings, one under firmware and the other under software. do we change both at the same time or what one do we change?

wozzzzza said:
next question, theres 2 lots of language settings, one under firmware and the other under software. do we change both at the same time or what one do we change?

Dont complicate things unnecessarily

Follow the instructions exactly as I gave you They work.

No need to do anything else in any other setting

both the english's to korea? like this?

[firmware]
version = 1.005
model = 500GW
language = Korea
[software]
version = 2.032
model = 500GW
language = Korea
[config]
version = 1.030
model = 500GW

wozzzzza said:
both the english's to korea? like this?

[firmware]
version = 1.005
model = 500GW
language = Korea
[software]
version = 2.032
model = 500GW
language = Korea
[config]
version = 1.030
model = 500GW
Yes READ CAREFULLY THE INSTRUCTIONS it cant be any plainer

the little plural (s) missing from "word" makes it read you change one only not both.
will try later on tonight see what happens.

wozzzzza said:
the little plural (s) missing from "word" makes it read you change one only not both.
will try later on tonight see what happens.

It is the same one word in two places in the file so wherever it is change it

If you look at the lines in the file they repeat themselves under two subheadings

So change the word in both

From earlier post
"next question, theres 2 lots of language settings, one under firmware and the other under software. do we change both at the same time or what one do we change?"

So in answer to this question the answer would be yes

need a mod now to make a new post with this as a sticky. same with the custom firmware, or something that mio can do copy and paste and make sticky so he can edit as new versions come out

How do i know if my camera is the original english version?
It has the English voice and stuff, but i suspect its been altered from the korean version?

Sugarpop3 said:
How do i know if my camera is the original english version?
It has the English voice and stuff, but i suspect its been altered from the korean version?

Put the SD card in your computer Open the folder Go to System Open one of the lines with Notepad look down list Is line with Firmware >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

wozzzzza said:
need a mod now to make a new post with this as a sticky. same with the custom firmware, or something that mio can do copy and paste and make sticky so he can edit as new versions come out

I created a new topic with the instructions and made it a sticky here. If Mio wants to start a new topic on the latest version of the modified firmware, I can make that a sticky as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it would be good if when the new firmware is launched that a new thread is created with a set of instructions on how to install the firmware much like the "how to convert to English". Will hopefully keep things clear and prevent unnecessary PMs to Mio on what to do. Same goes for the 64GB trick.

Back