Pittasoft Blackvue DR500GW-HD

Here is the 2nd password screens and the weak signal message. I can't seem to post more than 2 jpg's, so I'll add another post.

Attachments

• P1010832.JPG
    P1010832.JPG
    602.4 KB · Views: 519
  • P1010836.JPG
    P1010836.JPG
    402.4 KB · Views: 518
1st pasword screen (notice excellent signal strength) and file list.

Attachments

• P1010833.JPG
    P1010833.JPG
    418.4 KB · Views: 517
  • P1010835.JPG
    P1010835.JPG
    403.8 KB · Views: 515
AmericanDriver said:
Try mounting the camera on the dash. I mounted my camera to my dash dead center and the amout of glare has been reduced by a lot. For some reason the the curvature and angle of most front windows in most modern cars tend to show a lot of reflection at the top part. Since I mounted my camera to my dash, the night video has been much better and more crisp.
Please, before giving advice like that, make a test:
- put some dot on the windshield. Or let it dirty by few dirty drops of water from the road
- then drive and make some recordings
- then study the recordings if the focus is on the windshield instead of the cars from the front.

Even the dashcams have fixed focus, if in your video the cars from front are blurry you will know the reason.
Also think about the summer time when the sun will over heat that camera because not protected by the car roof.

If your tests are OK and no problems with the heat I will have nothing more to say about your strange mounting.
Also post some videos from the same scene with camera mounted in a normal position or on the dashboard. In video world words are not enough.

enjoy,
Mtz

rockyrr said:
Here is the 2nd password screens and the weak signal message. I can't seem to post more than 2 jpg's, so I'll add another post.

[/attachment]

Since you are in Maryland, you got the English version. I can safely say that you have a camera with the wrong version of the software. Wifi does not have the dash, there is no g in signal, and return has an extra s. this looks like somebody did a poor job at converting a Korean version to English version. I say return the camera and buy from a reputable seller like Amazon.

Man, again, please don't be so safely, don't place any bet. ;-)

The messages you see on that pictures are from the english Android application. That messages are not coming from the (firmware) camera, but from the application itself. If is coming from something correlated with the camera that is the configuration file which is on the card not inside the firmware. And the firmware no matter if is korean or english is using the same configuration strings which have the same functions and always using the same language: english.
If he have some S in some screen message is only because of some bad translated string in the android application not in the camera software.
Even the smartphone is reading some configuration file, it is "translating" what he read from that file, not just transmitting what he found in the SD Card to the smartphone display.

Maybe he have another (an older) Android application than you. The last version is now 1.31 and is from January 23, 2013.

I hope my english is good enough to make people and you understand me.

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:
Man, again, please don't be so safely, don't place any bet. ;-)

The messages you see on that pictures are from the english Android application. That messages are not coming from the (firmware) camera, but from the application itself. If is coming from something correlated with the camera that is the configuration file which is on the card not inside the firmware. And the firmware no matter if is korean or english is using the same configuration strings which have the same functions and always using the same language: english.
If he have some S in some screen message is only because of some bad translated string in the android application not in the camera software.
Even the smartphone is reading some configuration file, it is "translating" what he read from that file, not just transmitting what he found in the SD Card to the smartphone display.

Maybe he have another (an older) Android application than you. The last version is now 1.31 and is from January 23, 2013.

I hope my english is good enough to make people and you understand me.

enjoy,
Mtz

Ok, thanks. Now what do I do to get the Wi-Fi to work properly and also get the latest software version?

Did you updated the Android application to their latest version from play.google.com ?

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:
Did you updated the Android application to their latest version from play.google.com ?

enjoy,
Mtz

Yes, I have Version 1.31 of the app.

I was running the Blackvue software on my W7 today and now it won't show the map because it is asking for a new map api key. Anyone run into this yet and found the work around?

jsan said:
Moon_Wolf said:
I was running the Blackvue software on my W7 today and now it won't show the map because it is asking for a new map api key. Anyone run into this yet and found the work around?
download the latest software. New software fixes this issue

http://blackvue.com/en/contents/sub3.as ... searchstr=

Tried that and no response from the site at all, even tried just blackvue.com. Will wait and try it later to see if it loads the site.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here you can easy download the BlackVueSetup(HD)_v2.032_(all_languages).zip
inside the ZIP file, the english version is: BlackVueSetup(HD)_E_v2.032.exe

enjoy,
Mtz

In the United States, Scansys CCTV, Inc., Inc is listed as a premium distributor. But, do they sell DR500GW-HD directly to individual consumers? I would like some feedbacks on Scansys CCTV, Inc. with purchase and support experiences. Please let me know!

:cool:

nunz said:
In the United States, Scansys CCTV, Inc., Inc is listed as a premium distributor. But, do they sell DR500GW-HD directly to individual consumers? I would like some feedbacks on Scansys CCTV, Inc. with purchase and support experiences. Please let me know!

:cool:

Are you looking to buy one? You can get one for around $250-$260 USD tax/shipping included if you want.

navyseals said:
Are you looking to buy one? You can get one for around $250-$260 USD tax/shipping included if you want.
I am looking to buy one from Scansys CCTV, Inc, and NOT looking for solicitation.

Hello,

I just discovered this dashcam, thank you for your information.

Can you tell me if the cam can automatically upload videos to youtube when I am in the car with my phone connected to 3G internet ?

I would like to keep record on youtube account as much as possible but I am lazy to take the SD card with me everytime, can you tell me what are my solutions ?

Thank you so much.

Last edited by a moderator:
luxuries4millionaire said:
Hello,

I just discovered this dashcam, thank you for your information.

Can you tell me if the cam can automatically upload videos to youtube when I am in the car with my phone connected to 3G internet ?

I would like to keep record on youtube account as much as possible but I am lazy to take the SD card with me everytime, can you tell me what are my solutions ?

Thank you so much.
you must be rich to be able to afford such bandwidth from a mobile phone to upload gigs and gigs daily of recordings.

Back