"Please insert SD card"

karlyy7x

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello, I bought this dashcam for my dad and he came to me with this problem. I can connect the camera through the app and the camera is working but when he plugs into the car or at home, light stays green and says, "Please insert SD card" This started with the 32gb class 10 SD card Kingston that I bought with it. Also formatted it to FAT32 when we got it. Now when I try opening the SD card on my computer, nothing pops up. I have 3 other SD cards and one shows up on the computer. I formatted that one to FAT32 and inserted into the dash cam.... Still green light stays on and repeats to insert SD card... Tried to update firmware but it does not read SD card so I can not update firmware. Tried to insert the other two SD cards and nothing. Suggestions?

Tried to update firmware but it does not read SD card so I can not update firmware
PM you the tool to reset it without a memory card, please check your inbox message!
And you can format the memory card directly in the APP after WiFi connected with camera!

Last edited:
Try sdformatter and do a full overwrite erase to reset the card back to default settings, once you've done that try the card back in the camera and see if you can format it there, if still no go you may have a camera issue

Hi! I reset the camera with the tool you DM me but still get message to Please Insert SD Card. I ordered a new SD card 32gb Kingston Class 10. Maybe the SD is faulty, it was not recognized in SD Format Tool either. I will update to let you know if issue was with old SD card. Thank you for the replies!

If SD Formatter couldn't work with the card then the card is bad. Dashcams work the cards really hard, which is why most card warranties exclude usage in dashcams.

Phil

Hello, I bought this dashcam for my dad and he came to me with this problem. I can connect the camera through the app and the camera is working but when he plugs into the car or at home, light stays green and says, "Please insert SD card" This started with the 32gb class 10 SD card Kingston that I bought with it. Also formatted it to FAT32 when we got it. Now when I try opening the SD card on my computer, nothing pops up. I have 3 other SD cards and one shows up on the computer. I formatted that one to FAT32 and inserted into the dash cam.... Still green light stays on and repeats to insert SD card... Tried to update firmware but it does not read SD card so I can not update firmware. Tried to insert the other two SD cards and nothing. Suggestions?
For this issue, you can try a professional SD Card Formatter Software, which can format raw, corrupted, write-protected SD card with ease. Or you can check whether there are some bad sectors or blocks on the SD card by running CHKDSK tool in command prompt: click start, input cmd in the search box and press enter, in the pop-out command prompt window, input chkdsk d: /f and press enter. replace d: with your sd card drive letter.

Hello, I'm facing the same issue, I've been using the sandisk 64gb sdxc class 10 memory card. I've formatted it to FAT32. But when I insert the card into the dash cam and power up, the light stays green and it says 'Please insert memory card'
Any suggestion will be appreciated.

But when I insert the card into the dash cam and power up, the light stays green and it says 'Please insert memory card'
Maybe you use a failed card for the camera since the camera detects and voice prompts warning already

Maybe you use a failed card for the camera since the camera detects and voice prompts warning already
The card is brand new and it has never been used. It is highly unlikely that the card could be corrupted.

Please format the SD Card with this tool (download link here https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/ ) and then test your card with tool Guiformat.
If it gives warning that one Mb missing on your 64Gb card, it cannot work with the camera!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T B1W 1
S B1W 9
estore009 B1W 56
M B1W 28
Back