POLL: LK-7900 ACE feature requests

Which of these features would you like to see on the Lukas LK-7900 ACE?

• Total voters
I have been thinking o_O

How about a distance mesuring devise ( radar ) for mounting in the front, to put on "tape" how close you was driving to the one in front of you.
Due to the wide angle lenses it can be diffucult to judge distances IMO

Only need a small subset of OBD2 info on "tape" what the lukas cams have seem enuff to me ( trottle - brake - steering input - gear - indicators )

In a fjew years we can get augmented driving, and have our cars drive them selv from whet they see on the cemeras and other sensors :D

I do hope Lukas will eventually support wifi SD cards when the standard is finalized.

I'd like some GPS signal strength number, not the "A,V, F" letter on-screen; to allow troubleshooting GPS problems. The temperature display seems gone, doesn't matter to me.
Having some control of the video compression settings would be nice, because the compression makes things fuzzy.
This is only a 2MP camera, so no firmware will resolve license plates. The resolution is not enough.

Physical changes I would like: the mounting clip is a bear. Removing the camera (even with the "twist") is brutal and the latches are very thin plastic. It's a poor design.

This is only a 2MP camera, so no firmware will resolve license plates. The resolution is not enough

2MP is all that is need to do 1080p, plenty of cams running 2MP sensors can read license plates just fine

Saying "1080p" when covering either a 1m or a 5m area makes a big difference, so I don't agree. You have only 2MP over a wide-angle field of view, so the pixels/inch is small.
Either that... or the video compression is making things blurry. Something could be improved- an ol' 808 cam (1MP) with 78° lens (not 120°) does quite good compared to the 7900.

I also notice the 7900 has poor low-light performance due to noise in the SMPS power supply, making random horizontal lines. Just some improvements beyond firmware I'm talking about.

I know what you mean about the GPS "strength" but I think with GPS it either sees a satellite or it doesn't. So "strength" translates to how many satellites it sees. I think the minimum is usually around 5. (haha, lot of "thinks" in there).

I probably have almost the worst case scenario with the camera. I have a flat metal plate attached to the mirror. The camera base is strapped to that. So the bottom of the base is flat against a piece of metal, facing away from the windshield and up there almost behind what they have the windshield masked with behind the mirror. I have about a 1/2 hr. commute. It usually locks on and starts producing GPS data about half way or maybe a bit longer. My guess is the GPS antenna is pretty good but the software takes a long time to "lock in"?

Yes it would be nice to have some indicator though. I have an external, standalone GPS receiver. If I put it down in the center console it picks up 8 to 12 satellites. If I put it up on the dash board it only picks up 10. strange.

Saying "1080p" when covering either a 1m or a 5m area makes a big difference, so I don't agree. You have only 2MP over a wide-angle field of view, so the pixels/inch is small.
Either that... or the video compression is making things blurry. Something could be improved- an ol' 808 cam (1MP) with 78° lens (not 120°) does quite good compared to the 7900.

1080p is less than 2MP, as long as the lens is decent and the bitrate is sufficient catching licence plates within the sweet spot of the lens is no issue

Don't think this needs any changes to hardware, but in the "Display Screen Setting" section of the config editor I would like to be able to select Time-Date only. At the moment the only options are:-
Speed-Time-Date
Speed-Time
Speed-Date
Time only

I don't want to embed my speed into the video but I do want to embed date and time.

Don't think this needs any changes to hardware, but in the "Display Screen Setting" section of the config editor I would like to be able to select Time-Date only. At the moment the only options are:-
Speed-Time-Date
Speed-Time
Speed-Date
Time only

I don't want to embed my speed into the video but I do want to embed date and time.

The "Display Screen Setting" is only for the LED display on the camera. It does not effect what is embedded in the video.

In the "GPS" tab there is "GPS Speed Display(OSD)" On/Off
This will select whether your speed is embedded in the video or not. On - speed is embedded in the video. Off - "GPS" is embedded where the speed would be.
Pretty sure date and time is always embedded in the video and is not select-able.

Insulate the microfone better, on my LK7500G the microfone pick up too mutch engine vibartions comming thru the Mount / windscreen.

Maybe allow for external microfone ppl can put where they like.

A cool feature I saw on the one of the DOD videos is the ability to disable speed recording on the video if your speed exceeds a certain amount, that would be an awesome feature. An even better feature would be fixing the frigging focus our giving us a little slider on the housing to let us adjust it to our desire.

Ability to turn off or dim status display (perhaps with a single dot on to show the camera is alive) [RaffRaff]

You can turn the LED display off now if you hold the M button for 5 seconds.
This should be an option to always have it off on startup, and maybe even allow just the 720p/1080p little "dot" to be on as an indicator. I hate having to hold the button every time I turn it on.

1: Ability to show and hide all parts individually that are drawn on the screen. I don't need the video to tell me that's its 1080p etc.
2: I dont like that videos are store in different folders. I want all the videos to be in series so that they can be stitched easily. The app should show which video contains what event etc
3: Document where the data like gps and accelerometer info is stored.
4: In future models, I would pay more for a better gps chip, ie 10hz

Fix the focus.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

please ,

make the viewer full screen.
enable exporting gps data from the viewer to a file.
record and display the temperature .
better quality control , focus !

please ,

make the viewer full screen.

Hit <enter> to toggle full screen on and off. <space> to pause/play. I think there may be a couple other key shortcuts.

enable exporting gps data from the viewer to a file.

You can export the gps data from the "Information" tab. The problem is that 1 second is the finest granularity.

Hitting enter goes to full screen video, what ppl ask for is maximising the overview window, så the video displayed there get a little larger and same with the map when information is selected.
I assume,,, thats what i would like to see at least:)
And i second what IvanJ is saying in #1 i dont need to see video size - bitrate - or supply voltage for that matter embedded in videos.
Personally i would allso like to be able to make my own welcome and goodbye messages, 5 - 10 second wav file

Hitting enter goes to full screen video, what ppl ask for is maximising the overview window, så the video displayed there get a little larger and same with the map when information is selected.
I assume,,, thats what i would like to see at least:)

Ahh, Yes, that would be nice. I forget about the GPS window since I don't use it but it is very annoying not to have the controls and file selection when in full screen.

And i second what IvanJ is saying in #1 i dont need to see video size - bitrate - or supply voltage for that matter embedded in videos.

Seconded! Selective on/off settings toggle for each bit of embedded info.

Back