PonerineM [debug 0.0.5] multi-cam controller for android (add photo mode)

It should be able to connect to as many your phone or router can handle ;)

But at the moment initial release for me will be 6 to support Brahma and then I will allo w users to configure and setup their own rigs and combinations. ;)
Sweet, I been working on a 3D helmet set up, but it requires 12 cameras.

If want to connect more than 6~7 cameras, I suggest to use PC(notebook) to control, much more stable & faster than android phone.

If want to connect more than 6~7 cameras, I suggest to use PC(notebook) to control, much more stable & faster than android phone.
Forgive me. I have skimmed over this. It's a really cool. I don't use any Xiaomi cameras so sorry if this seems silly, but you have me thinking it is possible to set these up as a security camera and if they can be hooked to a PC I wonder if the feed can be saved to a program like Blue Iris.

so far, there's not...my latest test only works for 7 cameras, hard coding in the program, in order to suit for android app.

I don't think luckylz is planning any future releases of ponerineM and is only focusing on ponerineS.

I am working on a mobile / desktop app designed to support all rigs initial release should be in the next two weeks. At first targeting 6 camera support to support the brahma rig located on shapeways and expanding further to support additional rigs with more cameras. ;)

Keep an eye out on the forums as I will be posting here.. Won't be as feature rich as ponerine but will slowly get there..
I was keeping many eyes open, but did not find your app. Could you please provide me with a link or a name t0 look for it??

BrahmaIntro.png

Brahma Android App - for 6 Cam XiaomiYi Rigs

http://bluestudios.co.uk/Brahma/

The app is currently in testing I take no responsibilities use at your own risk.
It's using all the default camera APIs and not injecting and running any custom scripts to the camera - so you should be fine for this release.

You will need to put your phone in developer mode and allow unsigned apps
- plan to release on Google after initial wave of testing and bug fixing.

Msg me if you would like to be considered for testing future releases and filling out bugs and enhancement requests :)

This app is currently being developed for this 360 camera rig -
http://www.shapeways.com/product/PD...-videos?li=search-results-1&optionId=58829373

Future releases will enable you to create your own rig and support as many cameras that can connect to your phone / router.

Enjoy ;)

Last edited:
I was keeping many eyes open, but did not find your app. Could you please provide me with a link or a name t0 look for it??
Was a bit delayed.. due to other commitments. :)

Hi luckylz,

I'm trying to use PonerineM to take pictures with 4 Yi.
I have a script for syncing the Yi's clock. I launch it before I launch PonerineM.

My problem is that it seems that PonerineM change the Yi's clock. The exif tags show a delay of about 6 to 8 seconds between the 4 cams, even though the shutter are in sync.
I don't have this problem with Andy's Multitrigger and Brahma

Hi luckylz,

I'm trying to use PonerineM to take pictures with 4 Yi.
I have a script for syncing the Yi's clock. I launch it before I launch PonerineM.

My problem is that it seems that PonerineM change the Yi's clock. The exif tags show a delay of about 6 to 8 seconds between the 4 cams, even though the shutter are in sync.
I don't have this problem with Andy's Multitrigger and Brahma

Yes, I made modification on the each camera's system time. This modification is for sorting file in computer by shooting date time. so no matter what the filenames are, they can be sort by date-time easily.

e.g. - each camera time is increated 8 seconds
Code:
Cam1 - set time to 10:00:00
Cam2 - set time to 10:00:08
Cam3 - set time to 10:00:16
Cam4 - set time to 10:00:24
... ...

Thank You for your answer luckylz.

I understand, it could be useful for video. But for me, for still pictures, it's a drawback as I want to merge the picture with their exif Original DateTime.
Is their a way to disable this feature ?

Or if you don't want to add features to PonerineM, could you open the source code ?

Everything works, but there is a problem. The first photo is saved only. And then the signal is, but as a result there is no photo. What could be the problem? In standard mode, no problem. Saves all.

Everything works, but there is a problem. The first photo is saved only. And then the signal is, but as a result there is no photo. What could be the problem? In standard mode, no problem. Saves all.
Make sure the setting on boot enable wireless is on - there is a bug with the stock 1.2.13 firmware - also do not use Frieds modified FW as this breaks the ability to take photos.

Hi there,

I have 4 xiaomi Yi Cams and I want to record video on all 4 at the same time. I have looked on the internet and discovered this forum and the youtube video for PonerineM. I have dloaded the app onto my samsung Galaxy S7 phone.

Can some one please give me a beginners step by step guide in simple terms to get the Ponerine app to connect and communicate to my 4 Yi cameras? I noticed that someone above mentioned the D-Link DIR 505 Portable wifi router. Do I need to buy one of these or something like this to be able to connect Ponerine to the 4 cameras?

If someone can show me exactly what I need to do to get from where I am now (I have an android phone and the 4 cams all with 64GB SD cards only) to a point where I can load up the app, get it to connect to the 4 cameras and record simultaneously it would be much appreciated!!!

Many thanks,

Sunny

Thanks for this. Although my use the cameras is somewhat different.

I need to mount cameras on different areas od a nightclub in order to redord DJ sets. Therefore I need to communicate to them wirelessly. All I want to do is wirelessly send the command to record and stop record to all 4 cameras at the same time from an app or laptop software (preferbly mac)

In the picture on http://bluestudios.co.uk/Brahma/ there are images of th Yi's in a rig and wired together somewhay. Are these wires supplying power (like the usb battery dummy) or are these wires supplying communication?

The wires are purely for additional USB power the app still controls the cameras through wireless ;)
There is no way to currently use USB to communicate with the cameras maybe in the new release. - Also FW must be 1.2.13 - 1.3 is currently not supported as it has just been released for the Z25 cameras.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
luckylz Yi Action Camera 72
Back