Poor night footage

benris

Reaction score
Country
Norway
I just got my Mini 0801 today, and I'm a bit disappointed in the night footage. It doesn't look quite as good as what I've seen on other videos.

Here's a clip recorded by my camera.
Does this look right to you? The first part has no streetlights and few oncoming cars, and at the end of the clip there are more cars as well as streetlights, so you can see both low light and medium light footage.

It came with the 20131026 firmware, and it's still running with it.

I just got my Mini 0801 today, and I'm a bit disappointed in the night footage. It doesn't look quite as good as what I've seen on other videos.

Here's a clip recorded by my camera.
Does this look right to you? The first part has no streetlights and few oncoming cars, and at the end of the clip there are more cars as well as streetlights, so you can see both low light and medium light footage.

It came with the 20131026 firmware, and it's still running with it.

For pitch dark it is normal result with Mini 0801, it is as it is.

You may check my extended tests side by side with other dash cams, mini 0801 records same as yours, so it is normal for this model.
3x DashCam Day / Night test: Mini 0801 vs Dod LS300W vs Panorama2

Last edited by a moderator:
For pitch dark it is normal result with Mini 0801, it is as it is.

You may check my extended tests side by side with other dash cams, mini 0801 records same as yours, so it is normal for this model.
3x DashCam Day / Night test: Mini 0801 vs Dod LS300W vs Panorama2

I agree, that's about the norm for the 0801, you could increase the exposure bias in settings to + 07 or thereabouts which might help a little without over exposing daytime running too much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, I guess I've been comparing it with clips with a lot more light sources. Just wanted to make sure nothing was wrong with it, and if any of the settings would help. I'll try setting the bias to 0.7.

Thanks.

Alright, I guess I've been comparing it with clips with a lot more light sources. Just wanted to make sure nothing was wrong with it, and if any of the settings would help. I'll try setting the bias to 0.7.

Thanks.

For night EV + will help, but you have to change it back for day ;)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Street Guardian USA Mini 0801 0
Back