Poor video quality.

ThomasC91

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Greetings.

I purchased the 222x as it was a bundle, front and rear cam.......both attached at the front with the rear one next to it working on a 30 degree telephonic lense. Front 1220 and rear 720. I actually think the rear cam is much better at capturing number plates whereas the front
one really struggles unless I am up very close. Is this normal?

I bought a CPL filter. Don't know if I am doing something wrong. I have a sandisk U3 32GB memory card. Any suggestions?

Placing of the camera is very limited as I have a Volvo and lots of plastic because of the city safety system so at present it is to the passenger side right mirror as far across as I can get it, baring in mind I also need to have it positioned so the rear cam can look through my back window.

See some screenshots taken from the Nextbase player app.

many thanks
Thomas. 200107_145544_002_FR.MP4_30086.png200107_150145_004_RE.MP4_11983.png200107_151044_007_FR.MP4_88865.png

Hi Thomas,

There's a couple of things I can recommend:

1) What Firmware is the Dash Cam on please?
2) I'd recommend trying a Dash Cam compatible SD card as unfortunately the SanDisk is not. This may be affecting the quality.
3) We produce an extender for the rear Camera. This is a 6" cable with a connector at one end and a sticky mount on the other. Using this, you could position your Rear Cam away from your front cam, which would hopefully let you position your front cam in a better position . If you'd like one of these, free of charge, please direct message me with your name and address and I'll get one sent out to you.

Regards,
Millie

Hi Thomas,

There's a couple of things I can recommend:

1) What Firmware is the Dash Cam on please?
2) I'd recommend trying a Dash Cam compatible SD card as unfortunately the SanDisk is not. This may be affecting the quality.
3) We produce an extender for the rear Camera. This is a 6" cable with a connector at one end and a sticky mount on the other. Using this, you could position your Rear Cam away from your front cam, which would hopefully let you position your front cam in a better position . If you'd like one of these, free of charge, please direct message me with your name and address and I'll get one sent out to you.

Regards,
Millie

Wow, thanks Millie.

Such a fast and helpful response, very much appreciated and I didn't know you had this extender for the add-on rear camera.....sure this is compatible with the 222x?

Firmware is R02.6, says it is up to date with the player. Thanks. Will private message you.

thanks.

Use CPL = reduce light = worsen motion blur = harder to read plate

From your pictures, cars behind you likely moving at the same speeds as your car while cars in front of you not, so it's not strange for front cam to not capture plate.

I thought CPL was suppose to help with reflections hence reading plates better?

I could adjust the exposure, that is set to 0?

It makes the picture look cleaner, but reduces light which means reducing shutter speed at the same lighting condition, hence more blur images. Also with CPL night time picture will look darker. It's a trade-off.

Adjust exposure may be help but will make image darker.

You can also reduce reflections without using CPL.

Interesting. I feel an experiment with some black stuff coming on.

Back