Post install issue...

Any word on if the cig power charger was shipped? BTW, I will be happy to pay for it. Also, should I try replacing the multi safer?

I'm just ready to have it working correctly. Thanks for your help!

Any word on if the cig power charger was shipped? BTW, I will be happy to pay for it. Also, should I try replacing the multi safer?

will ask @Pier28 to follow up with you directly and make sure things are underway, the day it was arranged was the day he was flying out of Hong Kong so not sure who he had following up on it at the time

Hi, just sent you a private message with an update on the shipment.

Thanks for sending the power cord. The screen still has a blue window that says the SD card is full then restarts. It does this over and over. I've tried 2 cam and 2 power cords. Not sure it's worth anymore time to troubleshoot. I hate that I wasted so much money on this product. With that said, the customer service has been just the opposite!

Thanks for sending the power cord. The screen still has a blue window that says the SD card is full then restarts. It does this over and over. I've tried 2 cam and 2 power cords. Not sure it's worth anymore time to troubleshoot. I hate that I wasted so much money on this product. With that said, the customer service has been just the opposite!

You usually only see that message the very first time you insert a fresh exFAT 64GB/128GB/200GB card. See the following video. If you still get the error even after formatting, or even when a 32GB card is inserted, something else must be going on with your unit, and a replacement is no problem. We'll cover the to and from costs for this situation don't worry. But please confirm memory has been formated as shown here.

what memory card are you using?

The one that came with the cam
Which size?
We ship 32GB, 64GB and 128GB bundles. If Christy forgot to pre-format your 64GB/128GB card it will behave like the youtube video I just posted above until it's formated one time in the camera so exFAT is converted to FAT32. (only needs to happen once)

I don't know the size of the card. I'll look the next time I'm in my truck. I didn't format it. The new power cord that pier28 sent, is plug directly into the cam and the other end is directly plugged into the cig power. The multi safer isn't being used at this time. I also unplugged the gps. It's simply the cam plugged into the cig power.

I don't know the size of the card. I'll look the next time I'm in my truck. I didn't format it. The new power cord that pier28 sent, is plug directly into the cam and the other end is directly plugged into the cig power. The multi safer isn't being used at this time. I also unplugged the gps. It's simply the cam plugged into the cig power.

ok, that's good, next step is we need to know what card you're using and it needs to be formatted in the camera

They cut the cig power end off the wire and used the wire for the install.

Not sure if this is your problem or not, but if they cut the end of the cig lighter adaptor off, and hard wired it to the unit, doesn't this mean that 12V was fed to the cam (instead of 5v)? This might explain your white screen with the previous unit, as most "step" down transformers are integrated in to the male cig lighter plug.

It's a transcend 32 gb card...I just checked it out.

Not sure if this is your problem or not, but if they cut the end of the cig lighter adaptor off, and hard wired it to the unit, doesn't this mean that 12V was fed to the cam (instead of 5v)? This might explain your white screen with the previous unit, as most "step" down transformers are integrated in to the male cig lighter plug.

it's external to the plug on this model, still not sure why they would cut it off to use with a Multi Safer though

It's a transcend 32 gb card...I just checked it out.

ok, that card should be no issue, format in camera though regardless

if you still have issues I'll get @Pier28 to bench test a full set and swap it out, if you still have problems after that it would only be something power related in your vehicle

I must admit, I cant find the plug connector to the multitester so that led me to believe they cut it. The installer is very highly thought of in this area so it could just be extremely well hidden.

I just formatted the card and everything seems to be working correctly. I'll give it a couple days and report back. If all is well after a couple days, I'll try to install the newer firmware and use the card I bought that has more memory.

I just formatted the card and everything seems to be working correctly. I'll give it a couple days and report back. If all is well after a couple days, I'll try to install the newer firmware and use the card I bought that has more memory.

keep us updated, if you have issues we're always here to get them sorted

Back