Power Charging Kit (With Parking Guard Signal)

So they say, but mine dont get that hot, and i have been wondering why.
It take me 6.5 hours to charge mine with one Quick charge port in use.
But how do you do that when botu OUT ports are quick charge ( if you have pressed that button ) do you use one of the camera ports ?
I have one Charging Kit output connected to the power bank USB-C and the other Charging Kit output connected to the power bank micro-USB.
Quick Charge ports should be able to run at normal USB levels too.
I've used up all my cables so have nothing to take the power back to the Charging Kit, I'm guessing that it is not going to work based on previous tests.

Seems that it started slowing down on the charge rate at about 65% full and the Charging Kit is cooling down again, probably about 5 hours for 100% charge, Charging Kit got to 71C before I put it on a heatsink.

It can be i have just touched mine at the wrong times.

I can hear by the buzz of my PSU that it do work harder when i quick charge.

Those LEDs on the power bank do you also have 1 red and 3 green when fully charged ?
I assume the red one are the ON indicator and the 3 green power level indicators.

Just put it on charge as i finished the 18 hour test, so it should take all it can so will feel temperature on the charging kit soon

I have plugged in the mini cable too now, and changed PSU and the PSU do get warm more so than the charging kit do so far.
IMG_20180706_163632.jpg

As i dont have a female ciggy plug to plug the kit directely into i have used crocodile cables
https://www.gearbest.com/developmen...MI0aygqNqK3AIVDLcbCh0UZgxDEAQYASABEgJIlfD_BwE

They should be able the current, but to be on the safe side i use 2 cables on both + and -

I dont have a temp gun so i have put a mercury thermometer ( 100 deg MAX ) on the charge kit, so far its below 40 degrees, ALAN PSU feel much hotter.

Last edited:
It can be i have just touched mine at the wrong times.

I can hear by the buzz of my PSU that it do work harder when i quick charge.

Those LEDs on the power bank do you also have 1 red and 3 green when fully charged ?
I assume the red one are the ON indicator and the 3 green power level indicators.

Just put it on charge as i finished the 18 hour test, so it should take all it can so will feel temperature on the charging kit soon
I have 1 red and 3 green, with the last green still flashing, which I guess means that it is not full yet, currently using 10W for charging.
I also have a blue, which I think means quick charge and an orange which was flashing when charging at full rate but is now steady, I guess the flashing means micro USB being used for charging, not sure what the steady orange means, it seems to come on even when discharging.

No buzz from my PSU, but the PSU is the sun, running at 16V :cool:

Note that I have the 1st switch down...

The 3 A PSU are working hard, now so warm i dont really want to keep my hand on it for a longer period ( charging full blast blue LED and Orange flashing ) / red LED and 1 green steady and the #2 green flashing.

The other 7 A PSU i was using before was also set to 13.5 V, it have to be there or my lipo charger for the car batteries will not work, but that 7 A PSU dident get that warm, again i might have been feeling it up at the wrong times.

The charging kit are hot, but not that bad ill still put it into my underwear to win a bet. that i would not do with the 3 A PSU at its current temperature, even if there was room for it down there.

I left the set up (from the video) running overnight in an air-conditioned room, no issues. As per the instructions...(don't know what Rayman was going on about), the cameras were warmer than the kit.

I left the set up (from the video) running overnight in an air-conditioned room, no issues. As per the instructions...(don't know what Rayman was going on about), the cameras were warmer than the kit.
It will only get hot if charging in quick charge mode, using both charging outputs, and only if both your powerbanks are less than half full so that they can charge at full speed.

With a 36W maximum output it is certain to get hot, probably wise to mount it on something metal to help keep it cool, and not in an enclosed space where the heat cant escape.

Out2 on the free powerbank appears to be switched by the button rather than auto-on when you plug something in like Out1.

This thread should focus more on how the kit works with different power banks, don't think the supplied power bank housing will be a part of the final package.

Is the timer function only for the 0906?

Tested 2 hours with all possible combinations, not cutting power with Parking Signal on or off, both in Normal or Special mode. Or is it not enabled yet?

Is the timer function only for the 0906?

Tested 2 hours with all possible combinations, not cutting power with Parking Signal on or off, both in Normal or Special mode. Or is it not enabled yet?
The timer turns the camera power off after the specified amount of time in parking mode so that some of the battery power is saved for next time, useful if you make lots of short journeys and a few long ones. Doesn't matter what camera you have, it's a function of the Charging Kit.

You do have to plug the camera into the Charging Kit, not direct into the powerbank.

Why would I test different combinations with the cameras plugged directly to the power bank, makes no sense.

Have you tested the timer?

This thread should focus more on how the kit works with different power banks, don't think the supplied power bank housing will be a part of the final package.
Yes, however there are some lessons to be learned from it since it works in a similar way to other, but probably not all, quick charge USB powerbanks, and since it charges so much quicker than older USB2 powerbanks there are things people wont be aware of.

For example, if the powerbank is fully discharged then when you start charging, it charges at only 3 watts for the first 6 minutes before it gets enough voltage in the battery to start charging properly at 32 watts. In other words the first 6 minutes of charge time puts almost no power into the powerbank.

Why would I test different combinations with the cameras plugged directly to the power bank, makes no sense.

Have you tested the timer?
I ran a few tests on the timer, not as extensive as Kamkar's tests though, I think he tested all the combinations.

As per what's in the thread he tested charging time, not the timer presets.

Here all but 48 hour are working prefect, using the connected mobius as a counter / timer.

IMG_20180710_013009.jpg

Not tested 48 hour as i dont have battery capacity for that long.

Tried once more, timer cut-off is not working with my power bank.

I think it is 18 hours in your setting, not 48hours. :)
we set the MAX timer to be 24 hours because only few power bank can provide more than 20000mAh

1531217806953.png

Back