Power Charging Kit (With Parking Guard Signal)

What happened to this project?

Are any of the testers still using the charging kit?
Mine is in the boot with two TQKA 18W PD powerbanks, so 36W total charge rate, powering my cabin camera. I added a thermostat for low temperature charging cut off for safety and put the whole lot in a LIPO charging bag in the spare wheel well to keep cool in summer heat. When the thermostat turns the charger off it turns on a heater instead until the powerbanks warm up to 5C. I've also got a switch on my interior light panel to turn parking mode on/off since I don't drive enough to get 24 hours coverage from 36W charge rate. Had to add a capacitor to the USB output to avoid the A129 sometimes shutting down and not restarting when turning the ignition off.

Like that, it has been working perfectly :happy:

Still think it is a good idea, though I think maybe it should be for USB PD powerbanks only to remove some of the compatibility problems with non-PD powerbanks. As far as I know it works fine with all PD powerbanks? And there is no reason to use an old 10W charge rate powerbank, they are not fast enough.

I suppose I could try again with my PD powerbank. I don't have the tools, parts or knowledge to start adding bits and pieces to make it work if that's what is required, such as a capacitor on the USB output.

It seems like a good idea to use a relatively cheap powerbank as an alternative to a Cellink battery. But there's so much variability across powerbanks that ensuring compatibility could be a nightmare.

I added a thermostat for low temperature charging cut off for safety

Hey there! This intrigued me for a project I was thinking of and I was looking for more info on it but I've come up trumps on Google searches. If I wanted to add a thermostat to prevent low temperature charging to a power bank (e.g. which lives in my car and charges when ignition on), would your solution fit that use?

Apologies for hijacking the thread!

I just received one of these, very nice :)

I have a problem though:
With just the power cable attached to the powerbank the camera is powered with ignition on and ignition off, as expected.
With both the power cable and charging cable attached to the powerbank, the powerbank charges and the camera is powered when the ignition is on, but when the ignition is turned off the powerbank turns off and there is no power to the camera.

Possibly the problem is that the 0 volts for the charging cable and 0v from the power cable are connected together inside the "power charging kit" and because the powerbank has a current sensor in the power cable 0v to detect when the phone it is charging is full so it can turn off, the current sensor is bypassed by the power charging kit and the powerbank sees no power being taken so it turns off?

My powerbank is a PowerAdd X7 20000mAh.

Anybody else got it working correctly yet?
where is it possible to buy such a kit? I googled but no real results found

where is it possible to buy such a kit? I googled but no real results found
I don't think it ever reached production, so there are only a few prototypes about which are probably quite valuable since there don't seem to be any alternative products!

I'm still using mine, and have no intention of selling it!

Still working perfectly with the two TQKA powerbanks and used every time I park in a public car park.

Thanks for the reply to a seemingly dead topic!
I thougt is is available somewhere, as it is mentioned in the users manual too (as an option), but I may be wrong with this.

sorry guys the project is dead............ I am very sad with that but we have to face the truth.
There are too many power banks on market, we purchased a lot to test and find many of them are not compatible so we have to stop this project.
I believe that is why BlackVue includes Li-on batteries inside their device.

now advertisement time:
alternative of Power Magif PRO
Power Lite: enhance your cigar lighter charge to be a hardwire kit with parking delay and battery drain protection
Power Pluse: replace your hardwire kit to be a intelligent one with parking delay and battery drain protection, plus a QC3.0 24W output for mobile device recharging
Power Pro: combo of Lite and Plus, most powerful and intelligent power supply device in vehicle with parking delay and battery drain protection

series features:
1, auto 12V / 24V detect
2, parking delay timer + Parking battery drain detector
3, auto driving/parking detect
4, Auto Start & Stop detect
5, Auto high temperature protect

sum.jpg

I have been contemplating something like the power pro, to install on the back of my center console, there is very little traffic on my back seat so it should be safe there, and with the right tape things actually stick pretty wall to my cars trim and other plastics.
It would make it more easy too in regard to a side camera system, i have not yet moved the K2S system from the B pillar to the center console, but it will go that way eventually, so more easy than route camera forwars to the power grid in my glove box ( though not a huge problem as my center console are now only fixed in the front by the gear lever and 2 places in the center part of the dashboard )

O i have also taken the power bank apart, and added the batteries to my arsenal of batteries for flashlights.

Last edited:
O i have also taken the power bank apart, and added the batteries to my arsenal of batteries for flashlights.
I'm still using mine, mainly as a flashlight! The LED flashlight on that powerbank wins over any other flashlight I have if I want to illuminate a small area, not so good for distance since it is not focused, but for painting the inside of a cupboard or soldering it is very good.

Took me a while to find that you need to open the flap/reflector to use the flashlight properly!

alternative of Power Magic PRO
Power Lite: enhance your cigar lighter charge to be a hardwire kit with parking delay and battery drain protection
Power Plus: replace your hardwire kit to be a intelligent one with parking delay and battery drain protection, plus a QC3.0 24W output for mobile device recharging
Power Pro: combo of Lite and Plus, most powerful and intelligent power supply device in vehicle with parking delay and battery drain protection

series features:
1, auto 12V / 24V detect
2, parking delay timer + Parking battery drain detector
3, auto driving/parking detect
4, Auto Start & Stop detect
5, Auto high temperature protect
Do all 3 take power direct from the fuse box? I don't have always-on 12v sockets.

yes from fuse box, with Piggy-back fuse

Back