Power Core 6200LFP PLUS- charging through the cigar

davz

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone been using the Power Core 6200LFP PLUS, charging via the cigar? I intend to locate it in the boot (trunk) and charge using the cigar socket which is only live with ignition on so that the battery will power the cams in parking mode. I'll be connecting a Viofo mini2 (front cam) and a Vicovation Marcus 4 as the rear.
Any advice/tips greatly appreciated

I'm eyeing on this battery pack. It's cheaper but I can't find any reviews of it. Did you eventually buy this?

Yes I bought the battery. It’s very high quality, anodised aluminium case, extremely well machined and assembled, looks like something Apple has made. The connection plugs all snap together with precision. Came supplied with lots of accessories for fitting. I have located mine in a storage compartment under the boot floor ( bmw x1 u11) and plugged it into the cigarette type power feed in the boot. It works seemlessly, the cameras move into park mode when the car is locked, when I open the car door the viofo informs me that it is recording.
A great buy, wish I could say the same about the viofo which is stupidly locking every parking file. Just read in this site that I need to contact viofo for different firmware, it’s really not a patch on my old vicovation which has given stellar performance, wish they hadn’t moved out of the dashcam market!

which is stupidly locking every parking file
It sound like you use motion detect, that as far as i know is flawed in all dashcams, at least systems with too low / low enough sensitivity to movement have been extremely rare.
The norm have more been like a sparrow flying past the car 10 M away and you get a recording, or a leaf rustling and you get a recording.
I prefer to use the low bitrate mode, but it is always recording and its files are not locked in any way, most often though you can have G-sensor on too beside it so any actual events will get locked.
But for overnight use it might not be a good thing to use, i only use it for 3 hours on the timer as i have CCTV everywhere else i go.

I think viofo have tried some new combo parking guard options and i think it is often these that mess it up for people.

I am testing the 70mai omni, it barely made any motion detect recordings since i got it this summer, but its AI necessitate you stand still in front of it for a few seconds before it start to record and track the individual, personally i am not sure this is a good system, but at least for motion detect it do not crank out constant recordings.
THis is one of the few recordings it have made in parking guard, due to the guy standing there filling his car.

Yes I bought the battery. It’s very high quality, anodised aluminium case, extremely well machined and assembled, looks like something Apple has made. The connection plugs all snap together with precision. Came supplied with lots of accessories for fitting. I have located mine in a storage compartment under the boot floor ( bmw x1 u11) and plugged it into the cigarette type power feed in the boot. It works seemlessly, the cameras move into park mode when the car is locked, when I open the car door the viofo informs me that it is recording.
A great buy, wish I could say the same about the viofo which is stupidly locking every parking file. Just read in this site that I need to contact viofo for different firmware, it’s really not a patch on my old vicovation which has given stellar performance, wish they hadn’t moved out of the dashcam market!
Thanks a lot for this feedback. I wonder why there's not much reviews about product but because of your inputs, I ordered this along with the 13400LFP extended battery pack.

Maybe because they didn't spend money for marketing.
Here's an interesting comparison:

Maybe because they didn't spend money for marketing.
Here's an interesting comparison:
Yup, that's the only video I saw about it. I was looking for a full review like what the more known brands have in Youtube. I trust the specifications of the product but there was no "user experience" videos of it.

Back