Power issue

Ty07allstar

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have had the 129 for almost a year and have it hardwired using the VIOFO hardwire kit. As of late if will just not turn on. If I unplug both fuse taps and then plug them back in, it will turn on just fine. I have changed the fuse taps out and it still does it. Has anybody had this issue or have any idea what could be causing this to happen? I am thinking about switching the fuses I am using to see if that helps.

The camera has been working fine ever since I switched the fuses I was tapping, but when it does not work, I can plug it into the wall charger, and it powers right on.

As a quick attempt you could try and reload the same firmware, or a newer one, i have 1 time tried a dashcam that somehow backed itself into a corner and had some kind of error ( i can not recall )
But anyway loading the same firmware again fixed the problem, and it never came back as i flashed the camera several times more with newer firmwares in the months that followed.

I can not remember what kind of error the camera had, but i can for sure remember that it was using a regular power supply as back then i was not given the equipment to test parking guard.

Its worth a try i think as its pretty fast and no tools required, just need to do settings after the flash and the subsequent reset to default settings.

Also you might want to try the camera for a day or two just using the regular power supply from the kit, just to make sure its not the camera itself.

Also X2 if you have a rear camera on there, you might want to try disconnecting it and see how the camera boot then while using the different options for power, a flaky rear camera wire have been known to result in inconsistent behavior.

As a quick attempt you could try and reload the same firmware, or a newer one, i have 1 time tried a dashcam that somehow backed itself into a corner and had some kind of error ( i can not recall )
But anyway loading the same firmware again fixed the problem, and it never came back as i flashed the camera several times more with newer firmwares in the months that followed.

I can not remember what kind of error the camera had, but i can for sure remember that it was using a regular power supply as back then i was not given the equipment to test parking guard.

Its worth a try i think as its pretty fast and no tools required, just need to do settings after the flash and the subsequent reset to default settings.

Also you might want to try the camera for a day or two just using the regular power supply from the kit, just to make sure its not the camera itself.

Also X2 if you have a rear camera on there, you might want to try disconnecting it and see how the camera boot then while using the different options for power, a flaky rear camera wire have been known to result in inconsistent behavior.
Right now, it has been working. I did load new firmware and the problem still happened. After switching the fuses I was tapping it has been working. I will try the things you recommended if it starts not working again.

Back