Powerucc Panorama2

Tested it today and it didn't rattle, so it is obviously something with the buttons and the back of the case, which makes sense since all the other boards/components are either screwed down or have cushioning (see my pics above).
Good evening. Thanks for the test. I will do as you have done with the use of tape.

Can anyone give suggestions on what I should get besides the camera? Obviously a nice quick 32GB SD card, but any tips on what suction/mount to buy or anything else? Looking to get this as a permanent dash cam instead of continuing to use my cell phone. Would be nice to also be able to record when my car is turned off (which does cut power to the cigarette lighter). I personally don't think I will need/want GPS ability (although being able to record speed onto the video would be nice I suppose).

Also "auto on" when the car starts would be nice. Does this camera do that by default?

By definition any camera referred to as a dashcam will have the ability to auto record at power on

Can anyone give suggestions on what I should get besides the camera? Obviously a nice quick 32GB SD card, but any tips on what suction/mount to buy or anything else? Looking to get this as a permanent dash cam instead of continuing to use my cell phone. Would be nice to also be able to record when my car is turned off (which does cut power to the cigarette lighter). I personally don't think I will need/want GPS ability (although being able to record speed onto the video would be nice I suppose).

Also "auto on" when the car starts would be nice. Does this camera do that by default?

From what I understand you can use a 64gb sd (fat32) transend seems the popular one, you will need to hardwire the unit if you want to record while keys are taken from car. When I bought mine it came with a stock adhesive/fixed type mount and the seller was also doing a suction mount as a gift, I use the suction mount it's easy to put and take off quickly.

Some local friend asked me about price of Panorama II ( from PowerUCC ): " does it cost much less if bought directly from Korean inner market" ?

When about 9 month ago I bought Panorama II, I saw one or two other branding for exactly the same product ( probably made by Powerucc for other company with their brand ).
One of them is Xtar EyeCops 3 ( Eyecops III ) and it sold in Korean up to crazy 396'000 KRW, which makes it 375usd ( greediness ! )

also around 300'000 KRW could be found.

Of course there are other re-sellers who are selling them for fair price of around 190'000-200'000 KRW, approx 190usd

Under Panorama II brand name is sold usually for about 200'000 KRW

The cheapest EyeCops 3 I found is 179'000 KRW. which is about 169 usd.

The cheapest Panorama II for 177'580 KRW, whic is about 168usd.

Dont forget- those are local inner Korean market cheapest prices I could source out.

Lets add about 25-30usd EMS shipping ( 3-5 work day delivery ), + paypal charges. + eBay charges, total will go over 200 usd for the same basic package that can be bought from shpkorea 189usd ( shipped ), also in this price added a high quality Arkon GN115 suction mount which cost between 7-10 usd.

Some local friend asked me about price of Panorama II ( from PowerUCC ): " does it cost much less if bought directly from Korean inner market" ?

When about 9 month ago I bought Panorama II, I saw one or two other branding for exactly the same product ( probably made by Powerucc for other company with their brand ).
One of them is Xtar EyeCops 3 ( Eyecops III ) and it sold in Korean up to crazy 396'000 KRW, which makes it 375usd ( greediness ! )

also around 300'000 KRW could be found.

Of course there are other re-sellers who are selling them for fair price of around 190'000-200'000 KRW, approx 190usd

Under Panorama II brand name is sold usually for about 200'000 KRW

The cheapest EyeCops 3 I found is 179'000 KRW. which is about 169 usd.

The cheapest Panorama II for 177'580 KRW, whic is about 168usd.

Dont forget- those are local inner Korean market cheapest prices I could source out.

Lets add about 25-30usd EMS shipping ( 3-5 work day delivery ), + paypal charges. + eBay charges, total will go over 200 usd for the same basic package that can be bought from shpkorea 189usd ( shipped ), also in this price added a high quality Arkon GN115 suction mount which cost between 7-10 usd.

Took 4 business days to get to Sydney, Australia. Suction cup is indeed a good quality one. shpkorea seller is really awesome.

Good evening. Merry Christmas! Nico thanks for the video test. .
Video on firmware v.1.08.05 super rating 5.
Video on firmware v.1.11.13 (beta) - I would rate 3.
Dear forum please write your opinion.

Good evening. Merry Christmas! Nico thanks for the video test. .
Video on firmware v.1.08.05 super rating 5.
Video on firmware v.1.11.13 (beta) - I would rate 3.
Dear forum please write your opinion.

Thanks you. Merry Christmas to you too !
Just to remind and clarify: v1.11.13 is not final FW and can not be fully judged. It is Beta test FW where developers added gps time zone, file folders etc and experimented with night settings, but again - it is only Beta FW.
The v1.08.05 still stays best for night recording but lacks latest add-ons. Developer working on new firmware versions.

Last edited:
After using the latest v1.11.13 firmware for a while now I noticed another couple of changes that I really loved.

1) With the v1.08.05 firmware the camera used to make a chirp sound when it started or stopped recording. In my case, with a hardwired always-on camera with motion detection activated that meant hearing the chirp sound frequently. I never looked for a "mute" option but with the new v1.11.13 firmware I'm relieved from the sound. The camera still plays sounds when I power it on or off manually or click on menu options.

2) The v1.08.05 firmware also used to activate the screen when motion was detected and recording started. The new v1.11.13 firmware doesn't activate the screen, it just starts recording and the blue LED starts blinking but the screen is kept off unless you touch the screen at which point it activates. This is way stealthier, specially for when you leave your car parked or with a valet where you don't want the screen randomly activating itself and drawing unwanted attention to the unit.

After using the latest v1.11.13 firmware for a while now I noticed another couple of changes that I really loved.

1) With the v1.08.05 firmware the camera used to make a chirp sound when it started or stopped recording. In my case, with a hardwired always-on camera with motion detection activated that meant hearing the chirp sound frequently. I never looked for a "mute" option but with the new v1.11.13 firmware I'm relieved from the sound. The camera still plays sounds when I power it on or off manually or click on menu options.

2) The v1.08.05 firmware also used to activate the screen when motion was detected and recording started. The new v1.11.13 firmware doesn't activate the screen, it just starts recording and the blue LED starts blinking but the screen is kept off unless you touch the screen at which point it activates. This is way stealthier, specially for when you leave your car parked or with a valet where you don't want the screen randomly activating itself and drawing unwanted attention to the unit.

You have added a few extra good points of v1.11.13. Myself personally ( and many others ) would like to see "old-violet" background effect at night where at night it can read maximum. But developer working on it, maybe he can come up with night effect that something in the middle of v1.11.13 and v1.08.05, so we need to wait. Other than that v1.11.13 is good sign in step forward and shows that developer working hard on improvements.

You have added a few extra good points of v1.11.13. Myself personally ( and many others ) would like to see "old-violet" background effect at night where at night it can read maximum. But developer working on it, maybe he can come up with night effect that something in the middle of v1.11.13 and v1.08.05, so we need to wait. Other than that v1.11.13 is good sign in step forward and shows that developer working hard on improvements.
Good afternoon. Well that the developer is working on improving the new firmware, his health and success.
Other brands (...) very often forget about the consumer.

Good afternoon. After the test firmware v.1.11.13 returned to firmware v.1.08.05
Two weeks was all good. Yesterday again on firmware v.1.08.05 glitches began. I decided to post videos http://www.ex.ua/753828542112
What to do?
How is it treated?

Treatment is still there, it's back to v.1.08.03 what I did on it just does not have such problems. Then the question arises?
Why glitches poyavlyayutsya on firmware v.1.08.05?

Last edited:
On one or two recent trips I didn't get any recording after I reviewed the video.
That was in my car, then it happened in my truck too, another time the flashing light became constant and no recording was done for the last hour or so.
anyone else had this happen?

On one or two recent trips I didn't get any recording after I reviewed the video.
That was in my car, then it happened in my truck too, another time the flashing light became constant and no recording was done for the last hour or so.
anyone else had this happen?

What memory card do you use ( brand, size ) ?
Have you formatted it inside Panorama II or on PC ?

What memory card do you use ( brand, size ) ?
Have you formatted it inside Panorama II or on PC ?

transcend 32gb class 10 formatted as per instruction on this site when downloading latest firmware it worked ok to start with. I format inside the dash cam regularly, although I hate loosing saved footages.

transcend 32gb class 10 formatted as per instruction on this site when downloading latest firmware it worked ok to start with. I format inside the dash cam regularly, although I hate loosing saved footages.

For how long have you had this memory card? Maybe its corrupted?

I had for nearly 1 year Samsung 16Gb SD card which considered to be one of the strongest and reliable memory cards brands for dash cams, but recently its "retired". Had similar situation like you. After few attemps of formatting in PC and inside dash camera SD card still records some blanc ( corrupted ) videos. At the end didnt save at all any footage so it must be "tired / retired". Bought new SD and works flawlessly since.
You may also try other SD card and see if there will be a difference.

For how long have you had this memory card? Maybe its corrupted?

I had for nearly 1 year Samsung 16Gb SD card which considered to be one of the strongest and reliable memory cards brands for dash cams, but recently its "retired". Had similar situation like you. After few attemps of formatting in PC and inside dash camera SD card still records some blanc ( corrupted ) videos. At the end didnt save at all any footage so it must be "tired / retired". Bought new SD and works flawlessly since.
You may also try other SD card and see if there will be a difference.

It is a couple of weeks old I bought just to use in this dash cam.
I have many other transcend 16gb cards and never had problems with them( used in cameras), I will put a 8gb sandisk in it if I notice the problem reoccurring to see if that works better.

Do not use sandisk. It is not recommanded.

I do not think it's Sandisk, Samsung or Kingston. It's very well faked cards of all big brands. You even get them from big stores since even they buy from distributors who source from spot markets.
A solution that works for me: buy from he not so famous brands (for SD cards) which are less likely to be faked. e.g Panasonic or Fujifilm.

P. S. I have several broken one of each of those big 3 above, all died in their boots. iow: turned to be defective while in use inside a device that did not suffer from anything while this happend. Cameras while filming, phones while sitting on the table complaining about "removed card" all of a sudden.

Last edited:
Do not use sandisk. It is not recommanded.
I bought the 8gb

I used that sandisk 8gb class 10 when I first bought the dash cam and it worked ok, I will keep using the 32gb transcend and see if the problem keeps happening, I do long drives in the country here in Sydney, so I'll keep reviewing the footages every hour and see.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D II / S 7
DGTLSYSTEMS II / S 1
D II / S 9
I II / S 37
alexsoll II / S 263
Back