Powerucc Panorama2

niko said:
No, 183usd it is without extras.
Got it. cheapest is $183 is €138, more expensive is €183, was looking at the prices in euros.

davipt said:
niko said:
No, 183usd it is without extras.
Got it. cheapest is $183 is €138, more expensive is €183, was looking at the prices in euros.

8Gb basic set = 137.94€

8gb + GPS = 156.78€

Fully loaded:

16gb + GPS + battery cut-off device = 176.38€

32gb + GPS + battery cut-off device = 183.91€

Does anyone have stats on operational temps, storage temps and viewing angle?

Milamber said:
Does anyone have stats on operational temps, storage temps and viewing angle?

Factory claims operational temp -20 +80, but the company who branding this product ( Powerucc ), they advertise it -20 +70, instead of +80. They did some real tests and just in case do not want to push heat data to the max limits in case somebody really want to try +80 ( not recommended ).

I did not had time to replay on your question:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2434&start=10

For hot countries I recommend not to buy dash cams with battery. You need to look for dash cams with capacitor inside, like this Panorama2. Actually it has dual big capacitors.
Diagonal angle is 154 degree, horizontal is about 130-135. Despite ultra-wide lens angle, due to high quality lens, cpu / firmware tune-up, - picture clarity is sharp from side to side without losing a focus. You can see clear focused number plates even at the very edge of left or right corner.
Night quality recording beats ls300w ( or similar range ) dash cams and also many other so called high-priced Korean dash cams. In cases where night video quality recording is same as its other "Korean brothers", but taking into consideration advantage of having touchscreen LCD, ultra-wide FOV, overall performance and PRICE, - Panorama2 beats any other dash camera I know.
Also motion detection recording is most sensitive I ever experienced.
The only few things I would like Panorama2 could improve is 12Mbps to 15Mbps, but in real life comparing side by side 12 vs 15mbps - doe not play big role on vital data reading ( number plates ), just a little bit graininess, which in some cases even works for Panorama2 producing more back-ground details at night ( check my video posts in the thread ). I have proposed to Powerucc ading option of 15Mbps, - it is just the matter of firmware update, so they working on it.
Also for day time recording with older firmwares auto white balance needed some very slight twinkling ( if you watch some of my raw videos ), but with later firmwares it has been almost resolved. I have done some side by side AWB tests with other dash cameras and I know the answer why slight AWB shift on Panorama2 is playing advantage role vs other dash cams where AWB tuned up to the "perfect centre". I will post video results soon for people to judge this AWB "issue" working better on Panorama2.
Last thing that I would like to see on Panorama2 is going into automatic parking / motion detection rec mode. Now you always need to select manually from the menu the motion detection mode for parking. But it is common "issue" with auto-parking mode. Only very few dash cams out there has this function ( auto-parking / motion detection rec mode ). But again, - this is only a firware update issue, and powerucc working on it.
I have tested driving "Motion detection rec ON" and it works as good during normal driving, because on Panorama2 it records 2min long video after motion detected before goes into standby, so it can be always ON even on every-day driving. This way dash camera has "auto parking / motion detection ON" always. Little trick :)

I am happy with this dash cam, but the best way to decide is to try for yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Niko that's some good information, cheers for the write up.

I didn't realise the bit-rate was that high, were would you recommend this be purchased from? I plan on using Jokiins camera in my wifes vehicle since her camera died a sudden death after two years and I'll use this Panorama2 in my vehicle. Is the viewing angle just 120 degrees?

Milamber said:
Thanks Niko that's some good information, cheers for the write up.

I didn't realise the bit-rate was that high, were would you recommend this be purchased from? I plan on using Jokiins camera in my wifes vehicle since her camera died a sudden death after two years and I'll use this Panorama2 in my vehicle. Is the viewing angle just 120 degrees?

Best place to buy is from shpkorea eBay seller, check links few posts up.
I never mentioned 120degree. Check my latest posts, diagonal is 154, horizontal is about 130-135 degree.

It has been 3 months after I had my Panorama2, here are some updates (current firmware 1.09.03):

1. Great news first, GPS works in USA now! But I'm not sure how it was fixed. This happened after I updated to 1.09.03 BUT not immediately. It seems as I was driving one day, the camera suddenly started to record GPS data. I knew this by checking past videos using a custom build viewer, it shows the GPS started recording in the middle of the trip. Nevertheless, the GPS worked as it should have after that (for about a couple of weeks now, no problem).

2. It seems each version of firmware the manufacturer is increasing the sensitivity of the G-sensor, not sure the reason behind this but I don't like my camera beeps at me every time I go over a bump:(

3. Going back to GPS again, I noticed when I check my trips in the customized viewer, the speed info has sudden spikes on some long trips, especially when I was driving on high ways. For example, it would show my speed at 80 mi/h then suddenly jump to 120 mi/h. Of course this is an error but I'm not sure if it's from the camera itself of the viewer.

Lastly, some inquiry: So far I enjoyed the 1.09.03, white balance is good and night picture quality is also impressive. As many of you knew already, the manufacturer has already released the newest firmware 1.10.04, judging from the website this version has increased white balance. My question is: how is 1.10.04 compared to 1.09.03? Are there noticeable differences on picture quality? I'm hesitate to upgrade mine since I'm afraid to mess up GPS again:p

You may try to set g-sensor to the lowest sensitivity or switch it off at all ( I switched off mine ).

Your 1.09.03 was beta version, - I did not saw any much difference in white balance, - or maybe I could not compare it because I have only pne Panorama 2 in hand. Powerucc website removed 1.09.05 firmware active download link, after they introduced 1.10.04, but it is still Beta version, - they still developing it. I am happy with my 1.08.05 version.

Panorama2 at the moment still for Korean market only, thats why they are not dealing much with GPS-date to be working correctly for all other countries IF USING their own PC Viewer program. It's not about Panorama2 itself, - it's about PC viewer soft.
"Vadikus", developer of RegistratorViewer made a Beta version and everything works on it perfectly.
Try it out:
http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/index.php?threads/powerucc-panorama2.1208/page-6#post-20198

Vadikus did a great job! Respect !

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. I can email you an English manual (PM me your email address ). It is most complete English language user manual I ever saw.
Official website is: www.powerucc.com
As many times mentioned before, powerucc is not yet marketing them outside Korea, there for their website does not have yet English transation. You have to use separately Google Translator. However firmware is in plain correct English as well as user manual.
Shpkorea on eBay is official distributor. They sell them with latest firmware.

Yes. I can email you an English manual (PM me your email address ). It is most complete English language user manual I ever saw.
Official website is: www.powerucc.com
As many times mentioned before, powerucc is not yet marketing them outside Korea, there for their website does not have yet English transation. You have to use separately Google Translator. However firmware is in plain correct English as well as user manual.
Shpkorea on eBay is official distributor. They sell them with latest firmware.

Thank you niko!

I have uploaded a big collection of RAW video files from Panorama2

City, Highway,Sunny day, Evening, Late evening, Cloudy day, Rainy day, Night, Late night, Pitch darkDirect sunlight etc.

You may find them below

http://webfile.ru/folder?id=25211

To download click "Скачать"

I downloaded some of the videos. But regardless which player I use, I often see artefacts and especially the night time videos don't look smooth/fluent. Is this just me or are the Videos like that (due to the bitrate?)? - Thanks

I downloaded some of the videos. But regardless which player I use, I often see artefacts and especially the night time videos don't look smooth/fluent. Is this just me or are the Videos like that (due to the bitrate?)? - Thanks

What kind of player do you use to watch ?
And what do you mean under "artefacts" ?

What kind of player do you use to watch ?
And what do you mean under "artefacts" ?
I just had to restart my pc :) - you were right with the ram I guess.
I watched now your videos and will compare them to the LS300W/GT300W.

I think it is somehow funny, that one of the best dash cams for a reasonable price (in comparison to some others which are listed in this forum and are more expansive) is "hidden" under <general dash cams> in a single thread :).

I see what you are saying, I went to your channel on youtube and found these two clips:
Play them side by side (the LS300W is about 5 seconds ahead of Panorama2) and you can see although the Panorama2 seems more grainy than the LS300W, you can also see more details hiding in the darkness (like the fence on the side of the road at the beginning of each clip). I think this is great coupled with wider angle lens but that's just my personal view. Some people may like LS300W's footage better due to sharper representation.
Also these two
Thank you for the comparison videos camcandy. Would you mind providing us with the raw files? I took some comparison shots, but often the LS300W looks a bit better. Of course the Panorama2 has the advantage of a wider angle and thus covers better traffic lights (especially when you stop right in front, they are usually out of view for the ls300w). I would just like to see, if it is YouTube which gives me this impression or if the difference is actually not that big. - Thanks in advance.

Thank you for the comparison videos camcandy. Would you mind providing us with the raw files? I took some comparison shots, but often the LS300W looks a bit better. Of course the Panorama2 has the advantage of a wider angle and thus covers better traffic lights (especially when you stop right in front, they are usually out of view for the ls300w). I would just like to see, if it is YouTube which gives me this impression or if the difference is actually not that big. - Thanks in advance.

Collection of RAW video files you can see download here:
http://webfile.ru/folder?id=25211

Youtube is not the best place to compare files, because its compresses videos and a lot of effect can be lost.
You are right, Panorama2 is "lost" within all other threads. I did not had time to put all info together for DashCamMan to publish on the main comparison page. Maybe if will have time, I will do it.
Panorama2 is better than LS300W ( or similar range dash cams ), but as mentioned before: - it would be unfair to judge ls300w too hush, - they are from different price ranges.

I have made side by side videos ls300w vs panorama2 and will publish soon.

niko, do you know if it comes with suction cup? I have asked the seller you linked earlier on eBay as I just want to test the basic package (no gps) I might put this as a front facing cam and the TF2+ as a rear, the quality from this camera looks on par with vico

I'll grab one of these to test - only concern is the lack of suction cap which I will definitely need since it is to be installed on the rear window (which has tint)

Does it come with suction cap?

Powerucc can provide suction cup mount as an extra. They found very high quality ( not cheap one ). I have described it here:

http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/index.php?threads/powerucc-panorama2.1208/page-2#post-15663

Also you might like my DIY ideas on the magnetic mount:

http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/index....bracket-mount-holder-instead-of-3m-tape.2169/
http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/index....-mount-dismount-magnetic-bracket-holder.2216/

Thanks Niko, I will most likely want that awesome magnetic bracket!! Do you sell them?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D II / S 7
DGTLSYSTEMS II / S 1
D II / S 9
I II / S 37
alexsoll II / S 263
Back