Powerucc Panorama2

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Niko, I will most likely want that awesome magnetic bracket!! Do you sell them?
No, this is my own DIY project. Of course I can do it for you, but it's a long process, can take about 3 hours in total for "blind folded bracket" project, so it will be too expensive for me to "start manufacturing" them, also postage cost added.. Thats why I have posted a lot of photos and step by step details on how everybody can do it themselves at home. Nothing complicated as you can see, just need a time.

Looks pretty good! How would you compare the video quality to the GT550W?
It has as similar form factor, with pending external GPS add-on, at half the price
http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/index....6-from-shadow-tec-by-tiotec-dash-camera.1913/

Of course Panorama2 is better in many things ( built and video quality, wider lens angle, options, etc. ), but as I previously mentioned, - it's not relevant and not fair to compare Ford Fiesta to Ford Mondeo, - they are from different price-ranges. Hope you see my point.

I try to post side by side video tests of LS300W vs Panorama2 soon, so you can see overall video differences.

Last edited by a moderator:
Might see more of this in the market soon, a couple of factories doing magnetic mounts already

Very good that manufacturers realising big potential ( practicality ) of magnetic bracket, most of all the convenience and quickness of mount-dismount.

Well if anyone comes across any please let me know. I'm not very good at craft work!

Very good that manufacturers realising big potential ( practicality ) of magnetic bracket, most of all the convenience and quickness of mount-dismount.

Yeah a couple of different versions I've seen, basic bracket and a couple of smarter versions that also had power connections through the magnetic mount as well

Factory made magnetic brackets / mounts can be limited to narrow range of dash cams. Hope they do something to fit gs1000-type and ls300w, gt300w - type dash cameras mount, which become most popular.

Factory made magnetic brackets / mounts can be limited to narrow range of dash cams. Hope they do something to fit gs1000-type and ls300w, gt300w - type dash cameras mount, which become most popular.

the ones I've seen are all newer mount types, maybe something like this will become available that could suit older models though, hard to know what people have planned, a lot is driven by buyer demand and quite a few Russian customers requesting the quick release magnetic brackets at the moment has spurred this development on

I was thinking a while ago if some factory or inventor would come up with strong magnetic which you can cut according to you bracket type. This would be best universal solution for all dash cams and other devices mounted on windshield.
I have tested 3 different such tapes available on the market advertised being "strong", but unfortunately they were not strong enough for dash cameras. Only solution I found is using magnets stripes from fridge door seal as described in DIY sub-forum.

very hard to do something universal I think, all the ones I've seen so far are using very strong neodymium magnets and are quite specific in their design as necessitated by the material itself I guess, if I get any samples of those I'll post some pics which might better help explain what I mean

I also had ideas to use neodymium magnets but not sure how they affect microchips of dash camera and gps signal. Neodymium has pretty strong magnetic field. Maybe only if whole dash camera or its vital components will be shielded against magnetic field. Panorama2 has big main board surface shielded as well as cmos censor also. So for this dash cam I guess will not be any problem from neodymium magnet. Can't say it for other non-shielded dash cameras.

I actually pasted the 3M tape onto a transparent car decal (those clear plastic type). This allows me to move the dashcam and stick to any place on the windscreen.

they don't seem to have any negative impact that I'm aware of
I hope so.
I might buy set on neodymium magnets and try out. This is the only way to be sure.

I actually pasted the 3M tape onto a transparent car decal (those clear plastic type). This allows me to move the dashcam and stick to any place on the windscreen.
You mean you can attach-detach dash cam bracket this way few times a day, 7 days a week, for few month in a raw? I doubt any tape using glue-type surface can withstand this?

I hope so.
I might buy set on neodymium magnets and try out. This is the only way to be sure.

I think one of the samples I have coming next week is with a magnetic mount, will have a closer look once I have it in hand

Collection of RAW video files you can see download here:
http://webfile.ru/folder?id=25211

Youtube is not the best place to compare files, because its compresses videos and a lot of effect can be lost.
You are right, Panorama2 is "lost" within all other threads. I did not had time to put all info together for DashCamMan to publish on the main comparison page. Maybe if will have time, I will do it.
Panorama2 is better than LS300W ( or similar range dash cams ), but as mentioned before: - it would be unfair to judge ls300w too hush, - they are from different price ranges.

I have made side by side videos ls300w vs panorama2 and will publish soon.
Thank you, but those I already downloaded and checked. I meant the raw files from camcandy, as he recorded at the same time with the ls300w and panorama2 :).

I will share them maybe this weekend if get time or latest upcoming week.

Best place to buy is from shpkorea eBay seller, check links few posts up.
BTW: German customs "got" me as well. So i would have been a lot better off buying it from Ireland.
And this is what i recommend for "bundling memory cards onto camers": Don't do it, at least not if you are ordering from germany, since there might be some enormous extra taxes just on the card, because the "system" has such capacity (or whatsoever, i do not understand...)

Back