Powerucc PanoramaII Mount

lots of people do, deliver time is an issue of course, did you check with Roadcam, @JazJon to see if any brackets left, I know they weren't listed but he did have a couple of pieces

ok, that's comforting to hear. I haven't contacted @JazJon yet. I'm gonna wait until I receive and install the unit before I decide if I truly need it. I may be able to position it to my liking by adjusting my radar detector and my toll pass sticker. I just want to have options in case I can't make it work.

Have you or anyone else ordered from aliexpress before? I've never heard of it. The delivery timeframe isn't very appealing either.

I'm a regular buyer from them. Whilst delivery times can be an issue. There are normally different shipping options. Most of which will cost more. Also your money goes into an escrow account, so the seller doesn't get it, until you get the item.

david

ok, that's comforting to hear. I haven't contacted @JazJon yet. I'm gonna wait until I receive and install the unit before I decide if I truly need it. I may be able to position it to my liking by adjusting my radar detector and my toll pass sticker. I just want to have options in case I can't make it work.

I agree having a full rotate option mount is needed.

Here you go, I just listed this 3rd party ball socket mount on eBay just for you. It's suction though, I have adhesive versions on order.

I only have a couple for testing, and should probably order some more pending positive feedback.

If you or someone else orders this please let us know if you think it's good enough to keep selling.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=171328190055
EDIT: New one:
http://roadcam.ecrater.com/p/20173355/roadcam-rcpano2s360-suction-cup-3m

3GledTgl.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
I have been using that ball joint mount about 8 month ago. Its bracket arm is longer about 2cm than original supplied Arkon brand suction mount and about 3cm longer than supplied 3M mount. Its built quality and reliability ( long term ) can not be compared to original Arkon supplied suction mount, price difference is 3-4 times depending on where you buy it from, but for that price it does its job.
Bear in mind that over some time the rubber part of cheaper suction cup mounts will lose much quicker its strenght of "suction-ability" especially if used in hot weather under direct sun. Arkon ones lasts many times longer than cheaper alternatives. So I recommend to buy on the first place 2 pcs of those ball-joint suction mounts ( just in case ).

On main page of Panorama 2 review you my see my install and comparison of this mount:

http://dashcamtalk.com/powerucc-panoramaii/#Mounting_the_Camera

I have some of these on order now as well. (combination will come with BOTH Suction and Adhesive bases, just pop out the ball socket) This is a much better option for sure.

tPV0Gc6.jpg

Thanks!!! I think I'm gonna hold off for the mounts with the adhesive. I've never cared for suction cup mounts.

Thanks!!! I think I'm gonna hold off for the mounts with the adhesive. I've never cared for suction cup mounts.

Are you ok to do some easy DIY ?
I have a lot of diy brackets made for different dascams incl Pano 2. Check DIY subforum, there are some of my projects with detailed step by step how to do. Maybe you like to do one of them for yourself.

Are you ok to do some easy DIY ?
I have a lot of diy brackets made for different dascams incl Pano 2. Check DIY subforum, there are some of my projects with detailed step by step how to do. Maybe you like to do one of them for yourself.

I don't mind some easy DIY. I'll check out the forum.

I agree having a full rotate option mount is needed.

Here you go, I just listed this 3rd party ball socket mount on eBay just for you. It's suction though, I have adhesive versions on order.

I only have a couple for testing, and should probably order some more pending positive feedback.

If you or someone else orders this please let us know if you think it's good enough to keep selling.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=171328190055

3GledTgl.jpg

Hello, if you can read the very first comment in this thread. Do you think this mount will allow me to mount the dash cam to my dash?

Hello, if you can read the very first comment in this thread. Do you think this mount will allow me to mount the dash cam to my dash?

There is a flat plastic adhesive circle/square you can stick to your dash, and the suctioncup mount will then hold steady upside-down. Let me try to find the link.

Yes, that's similar to the circle have on my dash right now. I'm just thinking if your mount can be positioned so that the video won't be recorded upside down.

Yes, that's similar to the circle have on my dash right now. I'm just thinking if your mount can be positioned so that the video won't be recorded upside down.

99% of dashcams don't have rotate/flip option. Its mostly found in action-cams.

Video can be rotated in most video editing software.

Having said that, I just sent SungMoon (manufacture) a message asking if he can add a flip video feature option to the menu. This way you can mount it upside-down and it will record right-side-up.

The other option of course is DIY brack option Niko suggests to keep the camera right-side-up but mounted from below.

Good News! Flip Option is possible in future firmware update. (see below) No ETA yet
[4:06:24 PM] Jon : Basically a customer wants to mount his Pano on his actual dashboard (not on the window)

[4:06:42 PM] Jon : You can use this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/B001DAT0XE
[4:06:53 PM]Jon : but then the Camera is upside-down

[4:07:18 PM] SM: Oh

[4:07:36 PM] Jon: 99% of dashcams don't have rotate/flip option. Its mostly found in action-cams. Video can be rotated in most video editing software. Other option is DIY brack option Niko suggests to keep the camera right-side-up but mounted from below.

[4:07:54 PM] SM: It can reversed by firmware

[4:08:14 PM] Jon : I just checked the firmware, did I miss it? (or do you mean can be added)

[4:08:53 PM] SM: I mean, I should make firmware. Will Sales Increase?

[4:09:25 PM] Jon: Yes people with Trucks and other special cars will want the flip feature. (to mount camera upside-down) Not everyone has the patients for DIY bracket.

[4:14:36 PM] SM: Understood

Let me just say JazJon has amazing service and follow up. I received my panorama in ONE DAY. A++. You are fantastic. Will refer you to all my friends and family. Looking forward to buying that ball mount adhesive mount too. Cheers man!

Wow! Am I making waves or what? :) Seriously, I just thought it would be a cool feature to have. I'll post a picture of my actual dash tomorrow.

One of the biggest advantages of Panorama-series and any other future projects from Powerucc is having developer @Sungmoon Jang here on forum who listens to end customer and quickly acting on buyer needs. Of course not every "requirement" can be met instantly, its all depends on ratio of resources spent into changes vs increase of demand / sales which is one of the basics of profitable business.

Back