Powerucc vs Vicovation .....or cheaper G1WC

john doe

Reaction score
Country
United States
Powerucc vs Vicovation or...

Hello, new member from Pennsylvania looking for first dashcam...

My wish list:

Image quality should be very good in all conditions, but doesn't have to be the best available. I don't want the typical blurry dark video of Bigfoot if he should cross the road in front of me.

Primarily will be used as an install and forget it just in case camera, I'm sure I'll download some videos from time to time but not frequently.

Build quality and probability of longevity is important, want it to be dependable with minimal maintenance. I have no issue with occasional FW updates, but I also don't want to be consistently upgrading or testing it.

Simple verification of proper function, i.e. a small light or beep at proper start-up.

Heat tolerance is important, I live in a moderate climate but my vehicle is often parked for long periods under full summer sun in the 90+F and we also have winter lows of around 0 Farenheit.

I don't need GPS

Discreet is preferred, but larger cams are not a deal-breaker.

Despite good recomendations, I think it is better to rule out the Mobius, DR32, and GT680W due to the use of Batteries.

The G1WC, is still on the table as a cheaper alternative but overall longevity is a concern for me.

The Powerucc Panorama and any of the Vicovation models seem to be similar mid-priced units, the only thing I'm not sure of is again the longevity difference between the two brands. The Vico 1 year warranty is a plus.

Thanks to a great forum!

thanks for the reply.

It seems the Guardtrak gt2s would also be a good choice, I just don't know if I have the willpower to wait.. ha ha

I've had both my G1W (battery model though) and Vicovation TF2+ for a little while now. The G1W is nice if you need to car hop. If you can only get one camera and need to be in 2 or 3 cars over the month the G1W is a little more compact and is a good price for what you get.

However since you are looking for a set it and forget it I would recommend the TF2 Plus Premium. I love having the event record button if something happens that I want to hold on to. With the G1W I have to take a 3 min file and mess with it in Registratior Viewer with the Vico i just have to tap a button.

After spending way too much time researching, a failed "neutral experience" attempt to buy a Marcus on ebay (listing price was wrong and sale cancelled) I gave up and just bought a lower end model.

I found a Vico SF2 SDR ECO on ebay for $129 that I'll start with for a front cam . I'll upgrade later and move the SF2 to the back as an independent rear cam.

http://www.vicovation.com/product.asp?IDno=16&lang=en

Back