Pre buying Pittasoft blackvue DR550GW advice plz

Out of all the dual camera set ups I found, non were great, but the blackview seemed to be the best. I wasn't happy buying it but there seemed to be no other/better alternatives for around that price.

Urive Albatross II is better and more reliable. Same opinion has russian reviewer www.auto-dvrs.ru

http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/thread...tross-ii-md-7500p-1080p-720p.3030/#post-33740

But at this stage I would recommend not to rush with buy, wait a little bit to see @jokiin products. They feel to be promising.

If I were buying a Dash camera front and rear I would buy two Mini0801 cameras or I would get one of the new HDR dashcams.
Two of them.

OK, so the new SD card is working perfectly and the videos do look good... However, I have only managed to view the videos directly (via media player) as for some reason the BlackVue Windows application has decided to stop playing any videos! The issue is on both cards though and even previously stored videos from my PC so I don't think this issue is anything to do with the SD card change. The only thing different is that I have mislaid my Pittasoft SD card adapter, so am using a different one (which is identical, but for the logo (SanDisk instead of Pittasoft)). I can't really see the adapter making any difference though, so I am going to try it on another PC, could be my laptop is the issue (all of a sudden! lol).

But like I say, the camera is working fine with the new card and recording as expected!...

More to follow soon.....

Go to the Pittasoft site and download the latest viewer and install it on your computer.

Then make sure the path to the videos is correct or they wont show.

Adapters can play up even with brand name logos on them especially the SD micro to SD full size ones. I use the little SanDisk ones that the micro card slips in the back of the USB type

As in this one with the cord https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/281032823518

Yeah, that's like the one I have :), but that's OK now because it's mysteriously started working again?!

Can't say the new SD card is going so well tho... The camera keep crashing now after recording only for about 10 minutes (only with the new SD card, the original is still OK) I have tried formatting with recommended program, and using the cam itself, it's (apparently) a SanDisk original, same as is for sale on the blackvue website, I'm testing it now for authenticity (as best I can) and will compare the results to the Pittasoft one that came with the camera. The only thing I can think would cause this sort of issue is the transfer rate...

Interestingly Pittasoft say that SD cards are consumables and a weekly format is suggested, along with replacing the SD card every 6 months, and sooner if you use the power magic for parking mode recording!... Just thought I mention that ;)

LOL I find that the cards work fine most of the time, without any formatting. My Digital camera SD card has not been formatted since i got it, and its years old. You may note SD cards are a None moving Circuit there for formatting that often is pointless. My cards only get formatted when needed, eg after a firmware update and all the cards need to be formatted before you insert them otherwise the old setting will replace the new ones. sorta. it causes issues.

Edit the reason for the sooner if your using power magic is that they get hot. most companies make a heat sink type thing for memory intensive SD card slots. aluminium tape over the slot down to the chassis but in this case the heat is only held by the slot. i know this because when i take my two cards out i put them in my lips to carry them they are hot... I normally have tools keys and other things in my hands, these thing are not designed to fit in my mouth.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's like the one I have :), but that's OK now because it's mysteriously started working again?!

Can't say the new SD card is going so well tho... The camera keep crashing now after recording only for about 10 minutes (only with the new SD card, the original is still OK) I have tried formatting with recommended program, and using the cam itself, it's (apparently) a SanDisk original, same as is for sale on the blackvue website, I'm testing it now for authenticity (as best I can) and will compare the results to the Pittasoft one that came with the camera. The only thing I can think would cause this sort of issue is the transfer rate...

Interestingly Pittasoft say that SD cards are consumables and a weekly format is suggested, along with replacing the SD card every 6 months, and sooner if you use the power magic for parking mode recording!... Just thought I mention that ;)

I format the one in the car about once a month if I remember LOL

Get a program called H2 test 1.4 and test your card Sandisk is the most counterfeited card on the market.

Just as an aside I have had a DR350 in use as a security camera ATM It has been concealed in a roof space for over 3 weeks and is on 24/7 I took the card out yesterday and it has recorded faithfully all the time therby blowing some of the heat related problems out of the water.
The temps in our area have been as high as 42C lately and rarely under 33C so cant see where all the heat affected ones come from.
An SD card will run Ok at a bit over 50C which will feel quite hot when you touch it

Thought it would be a fake Thats what they do

LOL at least its not -40 like in Canada and the US. they stole our British winter you know...

Get a program called H2 test 1.4 and test your card Sandisk is the most counterfeited card on the market.

Just as an aside I have had a DR350 in use as a security camera ATM It has been concealed in a roof space for over 3 weeks and is on 24/7 I took the card out yesterday and it has recorded faithfully all the time therby blowing some of the heat related problems out of the water.
The temps in our area have been as high as 42C lately and rarely under 33C so cant see where all the heat affected ones come from.
An SD card will run Ok at a bit over 50C which will feel quite hot when you touch it

Yeah I read that too about SD cards are consumables and a weekly format is suggested, along with replacing the SD card every 6 months. I've been using a Sandisk in our DSLR Camera (photos and video) for 2 years now and no issues.

So Jokiin

Have you released your wiz bang cameras yet?

Sorry I don't get on face book very much and haven't checked in here since we last talked.

Regards

Not released as yet, will update when its ready to go
Thanks for the response.
I have had a look at the site. I see you have a couple up already. The one for $399 looks ok but I was looking for a system for front and rear of the vehicle. Is that what your up and coming is going to be 2 channel? 2 Channel with the same specs and night capabilities?
Usual for some strange reason manufactures make the rear camera with lower specs but if you have a 64gb memory capacity then that should be enough to run both at the best specs currently available?
Personally, I want to run my cameras directly connected to my in car dvd/tv 7inch screen for "Live view" or instant "playback" are yours capable of that?
I have a FWD that has 2 batteries and I would like to directly connect the cameras to one of the batteries. It would be nice if the camera units had some sort of cut off feature if the car is not running (just in case).
Regards Ed.

2 channel version is scheduled for later, we won't do less than dual 1080p, AV output can be sent to a monitor for live view and our cameras all come with low power cutoff module

2 channel version is scheduled for later, we won't do less than dual 1080p, AV output can be sent to a monitor for live view and our cameras all come with low power cutoff module
Yeah sounds good. What bitrate do you plan to run on front and rear? Also "Scheduled for later" any time frame as I held off on buying anything until you released your one? I was gearing up to buy in March (thought that would give you enough time, LOL) but I'm getting the feeling your release could be towards the end of the year? Regards Ed.

Dual cam versions are a fair way off I'm sure, all our resources are tied up at the moment so it's one of things we'll get to but too hard to say when at this stage

Dual cam versions are a fair way off I'm sure, all our resources are tied up at the moment so it's one of things we'll get to but too hard to say when at this stage
Dual cam market is still almost empty. Maybe you should add some new expert resources and take this chance before it is too late. Best of luck with your effort.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
USDashCamera DR550GW-2CH 1
Back