problem G1W internal player plays only 2 seconds from recorded video

danp003

Reaction score
Country
Czech Republic
Hi,
I bought one G1W with firmware 2013.1017 from estore009 and i tested it... it is realy good dash cam but when i press the mode button and go to player mode and then press REC to start play recorded video file - the playback stops after 2 seconds and wont continue.
I tried 3 microsd cards Pretec 16GB, Sandisk 8GB, Kingston 8GB all class 10 and all of them formatted to 32k clusters.

Is that normal or is something wrong with my cam??

Try a class 4 or 6 card

Do the files play ok in your computer?
Yes on PC files are OK. Only one problem i spotted was with 720p@60fps files when i do quick moves with the camera recording - there are many errors in video file (flickering, disintegrated picture for a while). With 1080p it is OK.

720p60 is not real on these, better to just stick with 1080p

If the files play on PC then it's not going to be memory card related, something else at play

Try a class 4 or 6 card
Thank you for advice but few minutes ago i tried kingston 8GB class 4 and the problem persist - when i try play recorded file after 2 secs the picture is freezing and stop playing... :(

firmware version is 2013.1017 - is this firmware OK? - i mean, it si not problem of that firmware? some kind of bug?
is there an update or is that the latest firmware?

Edit: There is something wrong with every video file because when i play it on PC with VLC or other player there is a visible freeze on 2 second but the video continues to play to the end (the dash cam does not... ).

Last edited:
Today i received a mail from estore009 with link to new firmware (2014.0108). I did the update but that not solved the problem. Now im start think that there is something wrong with hardware :( ...

Nobody else had this problem?? Which memory cards you use in your G1Ws (vendor, class)? Had someone tried Kingston class 4 card?

I use samsung 32Gb, class 10 and work fine

Today i received a mail from estore009 with link to new firmware (2014.0108). I did the update but that not solved the problem. Now im start think that there is something wrong with hardware :( ...

Nobody else had this problem?? Which memory cards you use in your G1Ws (vendor, class)? Had someone tried Kingston class 4 card?
Can you post a link to the new Firmware ? thanks

Hi, it is the same firmware like on G1W review on this site under "Latest Firmware". But you need to know which board you have inside camera because you can brick it with wrong FW. I tried it because estore009 support told me so - there was 2013.1017 and it worked so im assuming that i have S1088 main board in my cam.

Back