G1W-C problems

Sprag

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Street Guardian SG9665GC G1W-C
i bought the dash cam about a month or two ago and put in a Sandisk ultra class 10 32gb card. About two days ago I received a memory error message an the cam wouldn't record. After re formatting the card it would work until the screensaver turned off after 3 mins but then stop recording and when I would press record I'd get the memory error message. Also when I turn off the ignition it doesn't play the jingle like it used to.

I bought a Samsung card class 10 32gb and it seems to be working fine but I only get the start up tune when I turn on the ignition. When I turn off the car still no tune. Any ideas ?

G1W series cams don't like some of the Sandisk cards, nor does Sandisk warranty or recommend them for this usage. They now sell a specific card for this, but each cam is an individual regarding cards so what works for others may not work for you. All you can do is try the recommended cards till you find a winner. See the card thread for this cam here: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/micro-sd-cards-thread.10814/

Not sure about the 'tune' on shutdown, mine plays it when I get the 'goodbye' screen but I don't always get that. It saves the last file uncorrupted either way so I'm happy.

Phil

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Phil, mine stopped doing the Goodbye and tune on shutdown. I'll check out the thread on the cards. Cheers !

Have you formatted card inside dashcam unit before start recording?

I did format it inside the camera, I also tried the reset button and then I tried a different sd card. The Samsung card gives me a message to insert a card when it's already in there. I originally was using a Sandisk card. I think I might try a Papago p2pro camera next.

The Samsung card will work for a bit and then I get a message to insert a card so maybe there's a problem with the card slot. It clicks and stays in fine so I don't know ?

The Samsung card will work for a bit and then I get a message to insert a card so maybe there's a problem with the card slot. It clicks and stays in fine so I don't know ?
Those memory catds are "alert" to use with dashcams. They are good for smart phones, but have bad repitation for dashcams. Not in all cases but still. Try other brands : Toshiba, Lexar, Transcend, high speed Class 10.

I'm picking up a Transcend on Monday and I'll try that. Thanks

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W G1WX 6
C G1WX 7
G G1WX 1
E G1WX 11
E G1WX 0
Back