Problem with my camera Viofo A129 Plus Duo

JulRaz

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Hello,
I would like to share with you a technical issue which I have with my dash cam Viofo A129 Plus Duo.

While I access my camera via the mobile app on iOS and successfully connect via Wi-Fi, the problem starts when I browse/watch the recorded videos. At some point the camera restarts itself. The same thing happens over and over again when I want to access it again via app and browse/watch the videos. I have also noticed that it does not give me a preview of some videos. I want to underline here that resetting does not happen instantly, it will show me a few seconds of the recording and what is the connection speed, but then the video freezes and the camera resets.
For the first time I used SanDisk Extreme 256 GB SD card, and when I suspected it could be an SD card problem, I swapped it with Samsung Evo 256 GB SD card. But the problem still persists, so it is not the fault of an SD card.
I am using the latest software update 1.8.

Could you please point me in the right direction about what might be an issue here and potentially how to fix it?
I spent 186,04 EUR on the camera and I am happy with the image quality and usability, however not being able to browse the recordings on my iPhone seems like a big deal, e.g. especially when you are pulled over by the Police and want to confront them.

Thank you for your support.

Back