Problem with my ITB-100HD

eugenel

Reaction score
Hello,

I've just received my ITB-100HD (from Apple-CT on eBay just before it got banned). I plugged it in expectantly but - alas - all I get is a constant beeping, one long beep, then two short beeps, repeated ad nauseum. Very annoying. I've got Firmware 2.0 and have reformatted the card using their utility. I've also tried another SD card ... same result.

Any genius out there had this problem and solved it? I've contacted Apple-CT but heard nothing yet.

Eugene

I have no idea what those beeps mean.
Have you tried formatting the card in the camera?

Yup. At least I think I have. I tried holding down the MIC button, but the beeping persists. The only thing I've noticed is that when I tried to upgrade to firmware v2.1, by copying the binary to the SD card root directory, the camera definitely recognised this. When I switched it on, it started beeping continuously and fast, for about 15 seconds, before breaking my heart by going back to the other beeping again (see first post).

Also, after insertion into the camera, the SD card always seems to end up corrupted in some way, because when I connected it to the PC it couldn't read the card's configuration information. Only a reformat sorts that.

Annoying. Maybe it just doesn't like being in the UK!

Seems like you may have gotten a defective camera. You could try one more SD card, but it sounds like you will need to return it.

I have had a similar problem (see my post). I live in the UK as well. I got mine working briefly. Try going back to v2.0 using upgrade procedure listed on this site (no t the manual) i.e add .bin to blank sd card. Give it a few minutes to run in the camera (although you shouldn't need to). Also i found the beeps quite confusing to gauge because they are quick but if you read the error codes in the manual they may start to make more sense. For example if you leave the sd card out and turn the camera on the beeps are continuous. I believe your camera like mine is continuously rebooting. I have had the camera working for a journey but after it powers down then next time if switches on the problem starts again.

Please post if using the v2.0 firmware fixes this.

Eugenel how did you get on? I have another post which I will update (finally) but my cam is still faulty and I think I will have to return it. I do, however think we have the same fault so I would be interested to know if my last post helped.

Sorry, didn't check this site for a while. I sent my camera back to apple-ct and am still awaiting its return/replacement. Apple-ct have been helpful so far, but the turnaround is taking a while ...

Eugene

hi, Eugene
tomorrow, we will send to you, your ITB-100HD.
thank you. have a good day. :D

Can now report that apple-ct sent me a replacement camera and I have successfully tested this today. All seems well now, so full credit to apple-ct for being so straightforward. I'll run the camera for a few days and then plumb it in properly. Initial impressions of video quality are very good ...

Eugene

PS. Not sure of firmware version on the replacement camera. How can I tell? [EDIT: OK, found this displayed on Settings, is v2.1]

:D

hello, I am a new member of dashcam.I am carrie. how are you

Back