Problems with battery

fisher127

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I recently had a Blackvue 3-CH system and battery hard wired professionally.

This is everything I bought:
  • Blackvue DR770X 3CH BOX 64Gb system
  • Bklackvue X series LTE module
  • Hardwire phone charger including parts
  • Blackvue camera cables
Settings:
  • Normal mode: on
  • Parking mode: time lapse
  • Battery protection: on
  • Low voltage cut off: 12V
On Saturday I parked the vehicle (Toyota Hiace Commuter) on the street at 3pm. On Sunday around 10pm (30 hours later) I received a low voltage notification and the camera may switch off soon. I assumed it would switch off automatically so I didn’t do anything about it.

When I went to vehicle on Tuesday morning the car was completely dead and I couldn’t start it. After re-starting I checked the app and it seems the camera continued recording until 3am on Tuesday. So maybe the switching off feature didn’t work?

I was also worried about the car battery being too old (I only bought the car a week prior second hand) so I then changed the battery to a brand new and bigger one.

On that same Tuesday I also got an alarm and tracker professionally installed, and then drove the vehicle for 5 hours straight to another town 500km away.

Tuesday night I arrived to my destination at 8.30pm. In the morning at 5am I already received a low voltage notification. The previous time I didn’t get this notification until 30 hours after I parked the car. This time less than 9 hours. I switched off the parking mode straight away so that it wouldn’t drain the battery again.

What could be the issue? And any advice on keeping this dashcam without killing the car battery again?

Thank you!

I am no expert so these are just guestimates
Old battery dead cells not getting full charge, but i see you fitted a new one.
camera hard wire kit not wired correctly
8:30pm to 5am is good going in my opinion and sounds about right for a low voltage cut off notification

i have just gone for a dedicated external battery for my dashcam my bv 750x plus 2ch always switched off and never killed my battery low voltage set at 11.9v living on the edge :)

Back