Problems with DOD Player (Windows)

mikla

Reaction score
Country
Hungary
Post here your problems specific to the DOD Player software on Windows

When launching the DOD Player 2.0 software, it displays an error message in a window above the player, with the following message:
Script error
Line: 0
Char: 0
Error: Script Error.
Code: 0
URL: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/DOD/DOD%20Player/html/googlemap/dod.map.js
There are two options: Continue Yes/No
Anything I select, It pops up again and again, rendering the software unusable.
The same problem appears on a Win7 and on a Win 10 machine.
Any hints?

Last edited:
Google map error, either something is blocked by your local network or their Google API has expired in which case there should be a program update

Google map error, either something is blocked by your local network or their Google API has expired in which case there should be a program update

Thank you for your help. I tried the Windows Firewall settings for DOD Player but without success. What else can I try?

I tried this time to download the installer from the Canadian dod-tech.ca website. Uninstalled and reinstalled, running the installer with administrator rights. The same problem persists.
I'll try to contact Dod-Tech support. I was just curious if anyone else had the same problem or not...

Last edited:
I have the same problems as above

Any word back from DOD about this issue? really frustrating not being able to use the software to read the embedded map data

Yes, very frustrating. We exchanged 2 emails with the Dod-Tech Overseas Sales Director, but no solution yet.

After installing version 2.4 still not working

Biggest waste of $500 I have ever made. Bought on the recommendation of Choice magazine - they sure as hell didn't check the after sales service!!!!!

What a load of crap! Despite doing exactly as the importer in WA suggested, it still will not switch off and if I don't disconnect the power leads each night, the car battery will be flat in the morning. I am in the process of putting a switch in the power supply to enable it to be switched off when not using.

Absolutely no assistance from the retailer (should have twigged something was not right when the major retailers don't stock it) they suggested I ring the importer. Yeah right - about as useless as tits on a bull!

I attended a product launch about a year ago and there was a couple of staff from Choice there, after seeing them in action I now have a greater understanding of how they get things so wrong at times, they were clueless

Clueless is not how I would describe them..........never again!

Clueless is not how I would describe them..........never again!
when I was a kid my dad used to subscribe to Choice magazine, I think 45 years ago there was little other option if you wanted to find out about a product so it was probably appropriate at the time, I think it's way past its use by date though, far more accurate information on any product can be found online based on real user feedback, there's still some due diligence required to filter out what is real and what is not, but the info is out there

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Nauhck DOD RC500S 125
Back