Problems with my X2

On the basis that my Transcend Cards are non-repairable, I suppose I ought to purchase another couple of cards for my Panorama as it seems unlikely that My Memory Ltd are going to do anything about my complaint, I still have not heard from them but I do know that they have received my email. I need to do something as obviously my camera/s are not working.

Can I ask you more experienced members what you would recommend as replacements please. I will be quite happy to go for smaller sized cards (gb wise) as memntioned in my earlier posts.

Many thanks.

They should get back to you under warranty as all UK sellers have to give a two year warranty - if they don't then it's a black mark against recommending them to anyone on here again!

Those Lexar cards I ordered from Amazon arrived after I'd left home for the weekend (typically 15 minutes after I set off) so I won't be trying them until I get back tomorrow now - fingers crossed they'll be ok.

32GB cards may be safer for now as they're native FAT32 - the X2 shouldn't be far off being fixed in exFAT - it's feeling like it's keeping file handles open somewhere or not flushing dirty buffers to card when power control kicks in.

I've run allsorts in my X2 - for quite a while it ran fine with a Sandisk Ultra 64GB with the usual bugs which weren't card specific - I don't know if you have a Costco membership but I do like buying memory cards from them when possible as it's a long warranty and you just turn up if they fail and they replace or refund instantly.

Interestingly, my invoices show an address in Switzerland.

Well I'm back home and have the cards in hand - going to leave them running through h2testw overnight to make sure they're legit and if so I'll chuck them in the X2 first thing.

Interestingly it looks like they're in the middle of a revision - the packaging states UHS-1 on the front but the cards themselves have been updated to show UHS-3 which is guaranteed 30MB/sec sequential writes.

A lot of cards meet that spec these days but nice to see it at least guaranteed.

IMG_3307.JPG

I noticed My Memory are based in Jersey too - sounds like they're just minimising potential taxes.

Well the first card has passed hwtestw etc fine:

upload_2015-3-9_8-19-34.png

Speeds seem ok when I use my Kingston USB 3.0 reader - with the supplied Lexar reader the speeds drop down the toilet though, you're talking 5MB/sec with the supplied reader vs 85MB/sec on the Kingston.

I'm running Windows 10 beta so half wondering if these readers are hyper sensitive to drivers - might have to get hold of another machine with USB 3.0 to see what happens - USB diagnostics showed the card reader does support superspeed so it's a bit strange.

..:: Edit ::..
Same card, same reader, just after a quick format with SDFormatter 4.0:
upload_2015-3-9_11-4-6.png

Last edited:
So the second card passed too but much quicker:
upload_2015-3-9_9-37-37.png

I can see I'm going to have to figure out why the write speed is quicker on one card than the other as that will annoy me!

Looks like a run through SDFormatter 4 has got it working properly - speed is back up to expected levels - it will be interesting to see if the speed is different with the Lexar adapter once this completes.

Last edited:
Right then folks, as of this morning I had still not heard anything from My Memory Ltd and so i started another on-line chat to try to resolve my problem. That didn't work very well at all I'm afraid and so I ended up having to telephone them.

I got to speak to a very helpful young lady who has guaranteed that I will get a full refund against my memory cards.

And so, here I am again, finding myself totally reliant on you splendid members of this forum. I have decided that I should be going for a smaller card instead of the 64gb that I had. Not being technically minded, as pointed out in many of my posts, I don't think that I will be losing out by having smaller cards, particularly as the recordings go round in a loop.

Some of the posts/replies get very technical and tend to make my head hurt and I get totally lost. What with UHS MLC TLC TLS or whatever I get very confused.

With all of this in mind, I would be most grateful if someone could recommend a card that will meet the needs of the Panorama X2 and be reliable. If any recommendation could give precise detail of what I should order I will be most appreciateive.

I need to get my camera/s working again.

Many thanks.

I'd probably say the 2014 version of the Samsung Pro or the Lexar cards should be a good fit as they're both using MLC memory so should last longer.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B00HQCU3CK
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B00J2BRS80
It's just early days to say how they actually work though as I've only put them in this morning.

The only cards that seem to work flawlessly so far are the Sandisk Ultra 128GB cards which @Dionic90 runs in his car - the problem at the moment is we don't know if it's card issues causing lots of random problems or software in the X2.

I did seem to get more than my fair share of issues when running the Samsung Evo cards though for sure but nothing I have tried has been perfect yet but I think that's more down to the bugs in the power control and things not being flushed to memory card corretly.

Interestingly, my invoices show an address in Switzerland.
Some of memory cards I order from them are also coming from Switzerland, but not all of brands / mosels. It looks like they have few drop-shipping partners in Europe.

Anyway, to be on the safe side I would recommend to go for good quality 32Gb memory cards while Sungmoon ( developer ) team will work our wherethere is a FW or high capacity exFat memory cards reading / writing issue.
32Gb cards run at Fat32 which is more stable than high capacity exFat cards ( 64Gb and up ).
Glad that yiu were able to chat over the phone call with them and hope you will succeed with return / refund of your 64Gb cards.

Thanks for this Niko, should I stick with Transcend or do you recommend a different make for the 32gb cards?

Thanks for this Niko, should I stick with Transcend or do you recommend a different make for the 32gb cards?

I would go with Lexar 32Gb what @reverend mentioned.

It is hassle free deal, because its "Dispatched from and sold by Amazon".

also you are getting a high speed USB 3.0 card reader along with each microsd card.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B00HQCU3CK

The two Lexar 64GB cards have been fine so far - I'm going to leave them in the unit and see how long it is before we either get the grey box or one of the channels starts not recording.

Fingers crossed but so far they haven't caused any major problems :)

So the second card passed too but much quicker:
View attachment 11581

I can see I'm going to have to figure out why the write speed is quicker on one card than the other as that will annoy me!

Looks like a run through SDFormatter 4 has got it working properly - speed is back up to expected levels - it will be interesting to see if the speed is different with the Lexar adapter once this completes.

What does that program do to the cards?

SDFormatter 4? It just formats them mate to FAT32 or exFAT depending on card type - it has a quick format option which just reinitialises the file system, tables, a full format option which does an erase but isn't supported by all cards (so falls back to a quick format) and then an overwrite where it initialises the filesystem and then writes data across the entire card to try and minimise the chance of anyone getting data back from it.

To be honest I don't use it that often but after seeing the difference it made there it will be the first thing I try in future if I get any issues :)

I don't think it does anything fancy but definitely fixed that problem I was having - I was worried I'd got a dodgy card for a minute!

If you meant h2testw it just fills the card with random data and then reads it all back to make sure it's legit - if it doesn't match what was written or can't read anything back it knows it's a dodgy card. It's usually the writing that can go wrong which is what the verification picks up on afterwards.

( copy post from other thread, just in case not everyone "watch" other thread ).

I would also consider look into statistics of Fat32 vs exFat memory card format users reporting issues. There might be also a conflict of exFat not working properly and being "too sensitive" to voltage cut-off and other functions.

Maybe those who uses 64Gb exFat can try to format to Fat32, or if they have 32Gb memory cards, - try using them for one week and see if this makes any difference ?

I am still camera-less at the moment. I have this feeling of reluctance to buy any cards at the moment. I feel that it might be worth waiting for some further info from the developer.

How are your latest cards performing reverend?

To be honest so far no issues to report - they've been extremely happy so far so fingers crossed these stay that way. The real acid test is once they've looped around a few times and the cards get a bit messy!

I am subscribed to MyMemory. Just few minutes ago received an "offer" On Lexar 32Gb 633x. They have midnight sale from 27.59 dropped to 15.99£, incl usb 3.0 reader.

2015-03-12 15.22.58.png

:o

Dislike!! I paid near on £90 for two 64GB cards - that price for the 32GB cards is an absolute bargain!

:o

Dislike!! I paid near on £90 for two 64GB cards - that price for the 32GB cards is an absolute bargain!
Yeah, midnight sale till stock lasts.

Edit:
Doublechecked my mail title. It says:
Sale ends midnight Sunday.

Back