Problems with my X2

So, for the past week I was checking every day all my X2 files for driving, parking and g-sensor data, - all are working fine.
Driving front + rear recordings are fine, parking mode ( motion detection ) front and rear recording fine till BDP kicks in, then X2 switches off. Also tested "forced" g-sensor recording: stopped car ( engine still running ), "hit" ( flicked ) X2 unit, it started recording an emergency file, checked, - front and rear camera recorded those g-sensor activated files along with sound. Same flicking g-sensor test I have made while in parking mode, front and rear camera files saved.
No freeze issues after setting BDP to 12.4Volt, but this affecting my parking time. With 12.1V X2 was able to be in parking mode for about 4-5 hours after driving, but now its only half hour, - maybe it's due to colder weather and car battery getting old ( 6y old ) and in need to replace.
I still using Transcend 64Gb Premium 300x memory cards, which many have problem with, but for me they work fine ( maybe mine came from good/better batch ? )

The Lexar deal that you have pointed us towards looks very good but, haven't I read somewhere that we need SDXC cards as opposed to SDHC ones or doesn't it matter.

Thanks for this chaps. What about if I go for the Lexar 64gb Class 10 High Speed Micro SDXC Cards at £19.99 in the same deal?

Thanks for this chaps. What about if I go for the Lexar 64gb Class 10 High Speed Micro SDXC Cards at £19.99 in the same deal?
You can try it, but its not MLC type.
Have you tested your Transcend to format to Fat32 and then test on X2 ?

Yes i tried to format them via the link given in one of the posts but it would let me do it. I have now sent them back. How can you tell that those cards are not MLC. I don't think that the Transcend ones had the letters MLC on them.

To be honest it's actually quite hard to know what memory type they are -I found a link that says the Lexar 300x and 633x cards are MLC but other than a few sites referencing that there's not much info.

Transcend do an Ultimate range which is MLC and they advertise it like that - the Premium stuff is normal TLC.

It's not always a bad thing - a lot of TLC cards can be faster than MLC in certain circumstances, but the MLC cards last longer.

I've emailed Lexar support to see what they can actually tell us and will let you know :)

Yes i tried to format them via the link given in one of the posts but it would let me do it. I have now sent them back. How can you tell that those cards are not MLC. I don't think that the Transcend ones had the letters MLC on them.

I've just spotted my mistake in post 127 above. I should have put "but it wouldn't let me do it" Sorry!

I've just spotted my mistake in post 127 above. I should have put "but it wouldn't let me do it" Sorry!

Then it must be something wrong with memory card. Not sure how it can be "recovered", but as you already sent back for refund, then seller will look into it.

The postman has been at last! I now have my Lexar 32gb SPORT/MOBILE memory cards and will be putting them in my camera later today.

Quick question please, what is the latest update available? I presume that I can format these cards in either the Pc or the camera.

1.02.04 is the latest update available - my camera has been trouble free so far with the Lexar cards so I really hope you have the same experience as me!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry about this. Do I format the cards in the camera BEFORE downloading and installing the latest firmware or tother way round?

To be totally honest it shouldn't really matter - if I was you I'd just copy the firmware file straight to the cards as they are now, then do the upgrade of the camera, and then do the format etc of the cards once it's upgraded and see how you get on.

Would it be at all possible for someone who has a 'trouble free' camera to list their settings please.

I'm going to put my new cards in mine today and I thought that it might be helpful if I could set it up the same as someone for whom things are going well.

Many thanks

HELP!!! I have inserted the cards and have told the system to update, I have now been looking at the same screen for more than 10minutes. The screen says 'Updating Firmware' 'Do not turn the power off' The green bar that goes across the screen seems to be stuck about 1mm from the end.

Is it safe to turn it off and to try again?

EDIT: I had no choice but to turn it off, it had been 'updating' for more than 20 minutes and it was still jammed as mentioned above. When I tried to turn the unit on again it is now not working at all, the screen is totally blank and nothing happens when I touch the screen.

Anythoughts anyone?

Last edited:
Back