Problems with the Mobius Dashcam, Unsharp pics

Lars

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey Guys

So here is the Story. A few weeks ago something was wrong with my dascam, I send it to the manufacter and it came back fast and I decided to get way the Battery and get a Supercompessator (Hope it writes itself this way) because I was gettin sick of that stupid Battery. So I tested the cam when driving and what you see on the pic is what you see when I drive. The Fun thing about this is, that when I use it without the card as webcam I have superclear image....what is going on there ??

Lars

Attachments

• unnamed.png
    unnamed.png
    407.7 KB · Views: 50
Hey

The lense was focused from the company, they told me it was out of focus and they fixed it. So this is gettin more strange. I formated the chip today, and it was a bit more clear. But still I have some problems. As you may notice it is foggy in some corners and also my microphone is making a funny noise when I talk. Here is a video I made for the company:

I can not help it but something is not okay with this.

Where did you buy your Mobius from?

Novotm out of Amazon

I didn't notice any problems with the audio quality in your video clip.

As for video, it would be useful to see some footage shot on public roads since your reformatting, showing the clarity of license plates & road signs, etc.

Last edited:
Hey Guys

So I thought it was my windshield and clean that today, inside and outside, plugged the cam onto the computer, adjust the lense. Test it with Skype. No Chip, nice pic. I thought I have it and got in the car, press REC and as you see, the same problem as before. I made a screenshot with a roadsign next to to road. I checked the lense, it is sharp when I do not have the chip inside the camera and use it as a webcam, but when you put the chip in and press record here is what comes out. The Wild stuff is that when I go on High Quality it is that blurry, Standart is a bit better and low is low but works.....you can tell me what you want, something is going on there. This is making me crazy, the cam works as webcam but that does not help at all, I want my Dashcam back :(

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2014-06-30-15h01m15s135.png
    vlcsnap-2014-06-30-15h01m15s135.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Hey Guys

So I thought it was my windshield and clean that today, inside and outside, plugged the cam onto the computer, adjust the lense. Test it with Skype. No Chip, nice pic. I thought I have it and got in the car, press REC and as you see, the same problem as before. I made a screenshot with a roadsign next to to road. I checked the lense, it is sharp when I do not have the chip inside the camera and use it as a webcam, but when you put the chip in and press record here is what comes out. The Wild stuff is that when I go on High Quality it is that blurry, Standart is a bit better and low is low but works.....you can tell me what you want, something is going on there. This is making me crazy, the cam works as webcam but that does not help at all, I want my Dashcam back :(
Lars, I would say contact Novotm direct. Tom is part of the development team and there are none more knowledgable than he is.
Having your camera work perfect without the card then blur with card is an advanced issue.

I contacted Tom, I hope he can figure out what is going on, he say he woul check my camvideo out when he has time and see what he can do then. It is realy bugging me since I need the cam for my job...I make a new video later when driving and see what comes arround....it just do not want to record in High Quality no more what is sad since I only have the cam for a couple months :(

For me looks like the focus is in "macro" mode, refocus it with a far objects.

Back