Problems with the X1000

I expected much better video quality from the dashcams. We have action cameras that produce superior quality video. Why can't the dashcams do it too? Thinkware's PC Viewer is horrendous. You just can't watch any clips before it drives you crazy. The Map feature does not work. The announcements are so distorted...no controls to reduce the volume. Why use HEVC format which makes you have to use non-Windows players?
Gary
Try dropping John a note @traveler. He has a great pc dashcam viewer app at a reasonable price. I don't know 100% that his app will work with Thinkware, but it's worth reaching out to him. In the worst case, he can point you in the right direction. Good luck! - - Here's a link to a recent thread where John posted...

I like it. Tried to buy it, but the PayPal icon just kept spinning around. Not sure what is going on. I'll try again later.
The quality of the video clips are so much better than Thinkware's PC Viewer.
Gary

I like it. Tried to buy it, but the PayPal icon just kept spinning around. Not sure what is going on. I'll try again later.
The quality of the video clips are so much better than Thinkware's PC Viewer.
Gary
I'm glad that's working for you!

Yea...but...the PayPal purchase link does not work. Sent email to the DVPlayer, no response.
Too bad, they should sell it to Thinkware...
Gary

Ok...got the PayPal to work. Seems I had to have my PayPal active first, then it worked.

I did purchase the program. However, the Map does not work. I only get a map of the world but not an active
map showing my route as I see in the Thinkware PC Viewer program.
Also, the functions at the bottom of the program are not working, such as mph, and other functions.

The video is better than Thinkware's PC Viewer but I'd like to get all the functions to work in DVPlayer.
Gary

Ok...got the PayPal to work. Seems I had to have my PayPal active first, then it worked.

I did purchase the program. However, the Map does not work. I only get a map of the world but not an active
map showing my route as I see in the Thinkware PC Viewer program.
Also, the functions at the bottom of the program are not working, such as mph, and other functions.

The video is better than Thinkware's PC Viewer but I'd like to get all the functions to work in DVPlayer.
Gary
It's been a long while since I've used the app. I'll try it a bit later with my Blackvue footage to see how it goes.

You might DM John or email him @traveler and ask if it's possible to get the missing functions to work with Thinkware.

I contacted the DVPlayer you recommended. I asked about its map function not working. They replied: " The video of this machine, I don't know its protocol at present, so I can't parse GPS. I'm very sorry. Can you contact the manufacturer to obtain his GPS storage protocol?" I sent an email to Thinkware asking about this. So waiting for their response.
Gary

I received this info from DVPlayer. They contacted Thinkware to see if they would share their storage protocol of GPS data so that the map function would work with their player. No response yet but I hope Thinkware will work with DVPlayer. Thinkware needs to improve the video quality of their player to match the DVPlayer's quality and DVPlayer needs to fix their map function to work with Thinkware dashcams' videos. If they share their info, both will benefit:

"Hello!
Recently, I received a question from an overseas user: He bought your company's dash cam equipment (thinkware's X1000) and then used my dvplayer software (dvplayer website: www.dvplayer. net). When playing the video of the dash cam, it could not analyze the GPS data in the video. So the customer wants me to cooperate with your company to make dvplayer software adapt to your GPS storage protocol, so that he can continue to use dvplayer with complete functions

Therefore, he sent an email to contact me and your company.
I hope you can give me the storage protocol of GPS data, and I will adapt it to dvplayer for free.
In order to solve the problem of this consumer and bring more users and use value to your company, I am very happy to cooperate with your company.

Best regards,
http://www.dvplayer.net"

I have a 2016 honda odyssey touring elite so its got all the bells and whistles including lane departure warning and hondas system is considered above average.
Its pretty much useless in most environments, goes off when it shouldnt and doesnt when it should. If it worked perfectly it might help to stay awake on a long straight highway.
So while complaints about broken promises are valid, dont think youre missing out on something great. The whole concept seems to be a broken promise.
Im picking up my x1000 with gps from the Amazon hub in an hour, wish me luck.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G X1000 3
B X1000 8
Back