Problems

DeClercq

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I've only had this camera a few days, and it's not making a good first impression.

Worked ok for a day - maybe. Now it freezes after only a couple minutes of use. The screen will turn solid grey and the record light will go from blinking to solid. Sometimes a reset will fix it (temporarily), sometimes not.

I installed the latest firmware version which I downloaded from this site. That did not help.

I was using a class 4 SD card which was included with the camera (even though the manual says to use class 6 or above). Not sure if that could be an issue but I have since removed it and replaced it with a class 10 I already had.

Tried to power it up after replacing the card and it would not do so. The white power light would come on, but screen will remain dark and pressing reset does nothing.

At a loss as to what to do next. I bought this off Amazon from Baiklov and selecting the "contact seller" option does not actually let me contact the seller. Nor does selecting "return an item". It doesn't let me select the item to return. May have to follow up more with Amazon on that one to see what is going on.

I think next time I but a cam (if), I'll be sure it's sold and shipped by Amazon so returns won't be a hassle.

Last edited by a moderator:
The card that came with the cam is a Transcend 16GB. The card currently in it is a Samsung 16 GB that I took out of my phone.

I am able to turn in on w/o the card in it. If I plug it into the wall, I'm able to record for 5-10 minutes before the cam freezes and the screen goes grey (sometimes purplish) screen. If I do a reset and it starts recording again, it will freeze again in only a few seconds.

Short of buying another brand of card, I don't know what else to try. Might just have to take the loss on this one and look for a different cam. I was using my Galaxy s3, but I couldn't find a mount that was stable enough (video kept bouncing around) and I didn't like how hot the phone got.

you may have a defective unit. hopefully amazon can help.

i started recording dashcam video with my droid4 as well, but it had a narrow angle lens, got very hot, and it was inconvenient to keep remounting, plus it did weird stuff when i tried to do music or gps while recording. having a real dashcam simplifies things immensely, gives better video (wide angle) and frees the phone to do other stuff.

Back