Putting a camera on the front of a truck with a TV on the back so you can see when to pass.

Well blow me and knock me down with a feather...

just a thought...

"Samsung"

amazing...

They have managed to achieve something everyone on this forum has concluded wont work and is impossible...

And that's simply fitting a camera to the front of a truck ...

Every excuse possible is given here for not fitting a camera externally on the back and yet lorries use them day in day out, and every excuse possible for not fitting on the front...

Either they are using magic cameras :D

or

you can successfully fit external cameras front and rear and benefit from the vastly improved picture quality :p

Of course you can fit external cameras

Good to hear rather than the usual...

they get dirty , wet , wont give a good picture blah blah ....

Have we put that myth to bed finally ;)

you're not going to slap a Mobius up front without a ton of grief, a correctly designed external camera is no issue though, they do exist already

The new external ready BulletHD Biker Pro camera seems pretty solid/water resistant. It was just launched and I'm waiting for more real world feedback.

The new external ready BulletHD Biker Pro camera seems pretty solid/water resistant. It was just launched and I'm waiting for more real world feedback.

that's an example of how the camera can be done, not really a car or truck application but there are similarities with the lens setup, the bike is easier to do in this respect

Cadillac's new rear view mirror video feed LCD monitor uses a camera with a specialized hydrophobic coating.

"A hydrophobic coating on the camera lens helps keep it clear of water and dirt."

I just chuck Mer water repellent on the lens and a weakened solution on the entire paintwork as I cant be bothered to clean and polish....

water just beads off for a month or so :D

Samsung will be sued up their a$$ when the video freezes and someone passes the truck thinking it's all clear and ends up in a crash.

Back