Quick test of just received prototype CPL (Circular Polarizer/Linear ) filter for the B4k

A CPL for my B4K camera would be a nice addition. The B4K that's installed in my 2006 Toyota Highlander does pick up a good amount of the dashboard reflections in the windshield.

If CPL are not a option you can go with a flat black dashmat on top of the dashboard, i also have that in my car and its even a DIY dashmat as no one make such things for a stupid marginal little Suzuki car.
Works fine but dont look too good, but i am 100% okay with that, i drive to not walk, not to manifest or project myself as anything other than too old and lazy to walk.

It looks like a sales chance for my company! I will have a check with my colleagues also!
There are several cams which do not have a CPL offered for them, so there could be an opportunity here ;)

Wish there was a list of CPL's sorted by size and a similar list of cams to make things easier for everyone. I like doing DIY stuff but for something like a CPL I'd rather just buy one where possible, they're not a big expense and I never seem to catch up on all my projects :whistle:

Phil

069034861f.jpg

73f6b450f0.jpg

Finally, B4K CPL is ready for shipping out :)

Blueskysea would be wise to list the mounting diameter for their filters on their sales channels, this way other brand owners can quick determin if there is a chance it can be used on their camera.

This is the a800s lens barrel measurement. Hopefully it can be confirmed that the B1W CPL does indeed fit before placing an order.
20210318_204651.jpg

Thanks @estore009 for sending the CPL.
It's simple to install. It comes with wipes to clean if before hand if your camera lens is dirty. Take off the inner protective plastic and slip it on. The edge is marked with BK4 and white dot on the opposite end to help align during install. Then take off the outer protective plastic.

I can see a big improvement for the recordings at night.

Without CPL:
vlcsnap-2021-04-03-01h02m58s416.png

vlcsnap-2021-04-03-12h10m08s113.png

With CPL:
vlcsnap-2021-04-03-12h13m47s823.png

vlcsnap-2021-04-03-12h11m17s383.png

With the CPL installed it definitely looks better without the glare and long lines from the lights. I don't know if it's just an artifact from the angle of my windscreen and camera but it definitely got rid of it with the CPL installed.

Back