Country
United States
Dash Cam
StreetGuardian.CAM Amazon.com
/r/RoadCam subreddit of the day

http://redd.it/1usjia

http://reddit.com/r/Roadcam

14,782 amateur cinematographers capturing action sequences for 1 year

Do you know whats the number one legal export of Russia is? No, its not Vodka. No, its not hooligans or the Russian mob. Ak47s? Nope, not even close. [Insert Russian stereotype, Nope]. Communism? Only if you're a Big bank, Telecom Corporation or Comcast. See in Russia we make joke. Joke is American politics. Democrat? Republican? Corrupt are they? Yes. Sorry no more pretending to be Russian. I don't want to be bitch slapped repeatedly for being disrespectful. The answer is Dashcam videos. From meteorite entering earth, to scam artists getting their just deserts.

This subreddit got it all. And you know the content is top shelf quality since the original creator (/u/tulpan) has a Russian typing accent. Back in the day, his mod team was sent to prison by a military court for a e-crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Internet underground. Today, still wanted by the Insurance companies they survive as soldiers of upvote karma fortune. If you have a quality video, if no one else can get you the karma you need, and if you subscribe to their subreddit....maybe you can hire The /r/RoadCam Team.

Serious Warning

This **** is real. I really recommend subscribing to this subreddit whether you're a driver, bicycler, motorcycler, truck driver, or even if you don't drive and especially for you insurance fraud scam artists. It can really open your eyes. Its too easy to get into an serious accident. So many things can be avoided by looking left and right. By actually stopping at red lights. By not going +30 miles (+50 kph) above the speed limit in local roads. By thinking with your head and parking on the side of the road instead of the middle of it without your blinkers on.

Now that I said that, grab a bag of popcorn cause the show is about to begin.

1. Tell us a little about yourself!

KarmaShawarma I love to drive.

spaceballsrules When I got my first dashcam. I began watching dashcam vids on Youtube that were posted by Americans, but then I found compilations being posted from Russia and other parts of the world. I started searching for sources for the original videos and was fortunate to find a few blogs from Russia and Taiwan, so I began watching directly from the source as they were being uploaded.

2. How did you get involved in /r/Roadcam?

tulpan [I'm used to] browsed reddit for a while, mainly /r/hockey and /r/gifs then made an attempt to post two or three gifs made by me from dashcam videos.

GifCeption
The good, the smart and the cows.
Truck wheel goes to opposite lane. [8mb] xpost from /r/Roadcam
Scam attempt? [gif, 5Mb]
One of the comments made by r/KarmaShawarma, so he is responsible for birth of this subreddit as much as I am, decided to continue in more organised way. Even had plans to make a map layer in Google Maps with points of dangerous interest linking to accidents that happen at that places. People started to visit often, redditors from /r/carcrash community questioned at first the reasons for this sub to existed, then after some time many decided to join. More good posters and comments began to appear, other redditors who liked the content made this sub better than it was and thankfully agreed to became moderators. It was a good thing. Maybe, subreddits like this are existed as a form of natural harmony. A lot of good people who visit reddit are feeling that they need to return the favor. And many of them do it in the form of adding content. Circle of life.

KarmaShawarma Like most /r/Roadcam subscribers, I enjoy dashcam videos. Tulpan seemed to have an unlimited supply of new content and I found myself visiting daily. Now the subreddit has grown quite a bit from those earlier days and we have many more people submitting!

spaceballsrules When I got my first dashcam. I began watching dashcam vids on Youtube that were posted by Americans, but then I found compilations being posted from Russia and other parts of the world. I started searching for sources for the original videos and was fortunate to find a few blogs from Russia and Taiwan, so I began watching directly from the source as they were being uploaded. When I found /r/roadcam about 6 months ago, I started posting videos here with as much context as possible, and tried to make my titles informative and interesting. After a while, /u/tulpan noticed my efforts and offered me a position as a mod, which I graciously accepted. I have been a happy camper ever since. :)

3. What lesson have you learned from browsing / modding /r/Roadcam?

KarmaShawarma Lesson #1 - The content in this subreddit has truly made me a safer, more aware driver. The videos are exciting/fun to watch and it's like building experience without actually getting in those dangerous situations.

Lesson #2 - Don't even think about going anywhere near a road in Russia.

spaceballsrules Credit goes to /u/tulpan for starting this great sub.

tulpan Actually, it was my attempt to learn English and reddiquette. In return, many redditors know how to curse in Russian, now. Irony harmony.

4. Tell us about your community!

KarmaShawarma Aim to be tolerant, respectful, observant.

tulpan My job required me to travel more and more and limited my access to posting. What make me happy, is that subreddit is now grown up and there is a place where people can learn the road videos history in organised form from 2012.

Call back

I browse that subreddit pretty frequently.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Dash Cam Discussion 0
A Dash Cam Discussion 3
Back