Read/Write Speeds for A810 for Buying SD Card?

Oh yes, I would put a cap on those events but normal recording should be allowed to take 100% if there are not events

The A810 is not compatible with the Sandisk Max Endurance 256G and can be formatted, but it stops working after 1 second of recording.
The Samsung Pro Endurance 128G & 256G works well without any issues.

View attachment 66917

What were your symptoms of the Sandisk Max Endurance 256GB card that did not work or not compatible ?
Because I got my A810, deleted the SD Card partition via a PC - formatted the card from the camera and it works for now. Even after a power cycle ( aprox 20 minutes )

Thanks

What were your symptoms of the Sandisk Max Endurance 256GB card that did not work or not compatible ?
Because I got my A810, deleted the SD Card partition via a PC - formatted the card from the camera and it works for now. Even after a power cycle ( aprox 20 minutes )

Thanks
I did it in the following order:
1. Format the SanDisk Max Endurance 256GB memory card on the dash cam.
2. The recorder prompts that the formatting is successful and starts recording.
3. After driving for a period of time, I removed the memory card and connected it to the computer to read and play it. Only one MP4 file was generated on the memory card. Playing this file only has 1 second of content.

I did it in the following order:
1. Format the SanDisk Max Endurance 256GB memory card on the dash cam.
2. The recorder prompts that the formatting is successful and starts recording.
3. After driving for a period of time, I removed the memory card and connected it to the computer to read and play it. Only one MP4 file was generated on the memory card. Playing this file only has 1 second of content.
I can see the files on my PC perfectly

After inserting the SD Card to the camera again - it still seems to work well again

70maiA810.png

I can see the files on my PC perfectly

After inserting the SD Card to the camera again - it still seems to work well again

View attachment 67227
This result makes me suspect that the problem may be the version difference of A810. Is the A810 you are using an international version?

This result makes me suspect that the problem may be the version difference of A810. Is the A810 you are using an international version?
I am using the global version.

Of course, using fat32format. The moment you stick such formatted card in A810 it says that it needs to reformat card, and then it gets into endless loop "format + restart".
What I didn't try was format on Windows and pre-create all the folders that A810 creates during formatting process. Maybe, just maybe, it would recognize it, but, as I said, I didn't try that.
I was hoping I can use 512GB during upcoming trip where I will be driving 800km/day across multiple countries and not need to make backup each day/night. 512Gb should be able to keep 20+ hours. I guess it just wasn't meant to be.
I tried the method. Formatted a 512G sd card with fat32format, then copied all files and folders from a 64G one to the 512G sd card.

It works really fine, include after restarting the cam.

Thanks~

I tried the method. Formatted a 512G sd card with fat32format, then copied all files and folders from a 64G one to the 512G sd card.

It works really fine, include after restarting the cam.

Thanks~
You mean the 512gb micro sd card is working on A810 after you format it to fat32 and copied the files over?

You mean the 512gb micro sd card is working on A810 after you format it to fat32 and copied the files over?
Yes. Just remember to format the 64g sd card with A810 so that you can get the files you need to copy.

Hello folks.
I have no clue about dash cams.
I purchased the

70mai New 4K Dash Cam A810 with Sony Starvis 2 IMX678,Dual HDR Front and Rear Cam​

I am wondering which micro SD is best to purchase. And that is how I ended up here. Thanks for all the answers.
I have one question though. 70mai has a 250g microsd card. https://70mai.store/products/256g-microsd-card
From what I see it is U3 (I found that comparison elsewhere https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SD_card#Comparison_2)
Thus, why should I buy the Samsung and not the card the 70mai has made for this dashcam?

they extra say:

70mai 256G microSD Card Optimized for A810 Dash Cam

Thanks for your advice.
Happy new year

Back