Rear Camera Freeze While Driving

thomas-dash

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Pro Duo 4k, Viofo MT1
I've had the rear camera freeze a few times while driving. Unfortunately, I don't think there's a good way to tell it's frozen other than periodically looking at the LCD screen to make sure it didn't freeze. Of course this would entail taking my eyes off the road, so it's not really a good solution. I have the main unit mounted to the right of my rear view mirror which makes it even more difficult to see while driving. I've thought about running the video out from the dash cam to some type of miniature screen that I could position that's more convenient to view while driving.

This past occurrence I think it froze because the sun was beating down on the back of the car. Although I've had other instances where the rear camera froze maybe 15 - 20 minutes down the road from my previous stop. At any rate, this is why I try to check the camera every time I get in my vehicle to go somewhere. Here's the video if you're interested and never seen it. Nothing really interesting, the last frame stays and the time stamp keeps incrementing. It freezes around the 17 second mark.

May I know what kind of memory card do you use? Do you have other high endurance cards for try?
You can format the card and try to choose the low bitrate option for testing.

May I know what kind of memory card do you use? Do you have other high endurance cards for try?
You can format the card and try to choose the low bitrate option for testing.
It's a 256GB SanDisk High Endurance microSD card. I have four of them that I rotate through. I guess I should make a note of which one it froze on in case it happens again. It happens so infrequently that I'm not sure if it's even worth troubleshooting.

Back