Rear Camera Issue

deoccultist

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I have the below rear dash camera installed, it has been working for over a year until now. I noticed there is no rear video on the top left corner of the screen anymore. When I turn ON the B4K, it show the rear camera as black on the screen at the top left then disappears. The videos on the SD card are also black with no video, just sound.
33315b4cac.jpg

I already tried unplugging the 2.5mm plug of rear camera cable from the B4K and plug it back in but no change. The rear camera still doesn't work.
How do I fix this?

Last edited:
To get a new rear camera?

Where can I get the new rear camera? I can't find it on eBay or Amazon.

Where can I get the new rear camera? I can't find it on eBay or Amazon.
This is really not easy!
I also want to get a new rear camera because the original B4K camera came with a rear camera that the image is reversed and with also a sepia colour which is sometimes really annoying. See my post back in March 2023

BlueSkySea is currently out of stock, there is none I can find on Amazon or eBay the only possibility maybe AliExpress but you will need:
A camera with AHD video signal and NTSC format video signal also a connector with 4 connections and I think it needs a 5vDC supply... possibly something like these cameras:
Camera1 - Camera2 - Camera3 but I haven't yet been brave enough to buy one.
If you buy one of these cameras, please let us know if it works.

This is really not easy!
I also want to get a new rear camera because the original B4K camera came with a rear camera that the image is reversed and with also a sepia colour which is sometimes really annoying. See my post back in March 2023

BlueSkySea is currently out of stock, there is none I can find on Amazon or eBay the only possibility maybe AliExpress but you will need:
A camera with AHD video signal and NTSC format video signal also a connector with 4 connections and I think it needs a 5vDC supply... possibly something like these cameras:
Camera1 - Camera2 - Camera3 but I haven't yet been brave enough to buy one.
If you buy one of these cameras, please let us know if it works.
I didn't mind the reversed image so much. Most video editor nowadays (even on mobile phones) can flip the image or trim the videos.

Thanks for the links to the cameras but I would prefer suction or double sided tape, these ones look like they are external and require screws.
I'll see if I can find any others.

@estore009 Where can I buy the new rear cameras for the B4K?

@estore009 I have sent an email to support@blueskysea-inc.com asking about the rear camera but there is no reply!
Strange, but I suppose it was the weekend so I would probably give them until the end of the week, they are normally quite good. I would also like to know the cost of a rear camera. Let us know when they answer.

Vicky eventually gave me a price but when I asked for a picture of the product and specification of the camera so I know exactly what I am buying...
I didn't get a response.

Ok, thanks deoccultist for letting us know (y) hopefully she will reply soon
On this page.... 2 rear cameras there shows 2 rear cameras. A cube type A and a tube type B.
I am also interested in what the camera and the specs are, but if the price is too expensive then I will not bother buying one.
But it is irritating that the image is mirrored.
I will also write to the email address in Post #6 above.

Last edited:
Back